Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

What is RacedisII

I got this private message today, many others might be wondering.
Joyce:

What is "RacedisII that Mr. Bassi refers to. I haven't any idea and I've never heard of it not that I don't live in the country has anything to do with it.

RacedisII is sidecar spelled backwards. Before I became president we had a yahoo group for Board discussion called Racedis. When this Forum was set up a site was created called RacedisII which was never used. When we moved our discussions here we had several test polls and because The Board Forum pops up when someone clicks last logon we had lots of people voting in our polls. As an alternative to voting in the Board Forum we activated the old RacedisII forum which is only visible to the members of the Board of Directors. If we open RacedisII to be viewed by members, the voting problem will remain and probably the voting will need to be moved to another invisible site. We are limited by our software and our poll capabilities. We want to know how each member votes because they represent you.

Joyce: Living in the country does have it's disadvantages I guess. My personal opinion not that anyone would listen is that "some things need to be kept from the multitudes", that is kind of like township politics. In township politics you have to abide by the "Open Meetings Act", that entails allowing the public to be present at any and all discussions, however, one may go into closed session and exclude the public to discuss issues that may be, should I say, tender to the citizens.Just because I amk a dues paying member of the USCA don't mean that I have to be privy to ALL items on any agenda at any time. Is I said, some things are best left unstated. I've observed that if everything is out in the open, it seems to breed more discontent. Just my opinion.

Nicely put. Whoever you are, I'd like to shake your hand.
GP