Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

What is happening with Motovation sidecars now?

As subject ask. They were having some problems I know . nothing on it comes up in searches.

A thread got nuked a week ago.  Possible criminal fraud, certainly not producing any new products nor servicing existing products.

At this point, it's best to say, "don't ask" and find someone else to make your car.

There was a long thread about Motovation who is now in bankruptcy with no assets and many people having deposits some of the people in the tread were rightly very mad at the situation as they had been taking deposits for quite a while with little chance of ever building the sidecars. In short some said in essences "stealing" peoples money. Other saw it differently they were just doing what it takes to stay in business and hoping beyond hope that it was some how going to work out.  Messages started to get very personal and some what less then "polite" so I assume the reason that the thread was deleted.

Having met on two occasions the owner (Mary) of Motovation my take on it is she never intended to "steal" any ones money. She just got in way over her head and made a lot of bad choices. However it happened it does not change where we now are.

In any event Motovation is gone and baring some one buying the assets during bankruptcy which would make little to no financial sense they are not coming back and people with deposits are likely to get very little or more likely none of their money back.

At DMC sidecars we are doing fine. We are open and working during the C-19 shut down as I suspect mainly due to Boeing being in our state companies manufacturing in the transportation sector are considered essential. We have extended an offer to any one who had a deposit with Motovation and wants to place a new order with us we are offering dealer pricing. While this certainly will not make any one "whole" it will help. Our current lead time is at 5 months and despite adding staffing and more CNC equipment still growing.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

http://www.dmcsidecars.com

866-638-1793 

1bmwmc and Thane Lewis have reacted to this post.
1bmwmcThane Lewis
Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Thank you jay. I had read the post before but saw nothing for some time. Searches seem to come up as if nothing has changed.

I understand what you are saying.

While I own a Hannigan, I do point people in your direction.

Thane Lewis has reacted to this post.
Thane Lewis

Just because, bump.

I don't understand why people "bump" a post.  We have a working search function and if any one wants info on Motorvation [or 'most anything else] all they need to do is type it into the search box.  I'm kinda happy for the extra traffic and Thane, I'm fine with you doing it, but it really isn't necessary and with no action in over three months, maybe this should just die?