Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

What does a thesaurus eat for breakfast?

Synonym rolls

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology.

OUCH!

Investor's wallet
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thesaurierung

Here the google translation:

"Accumulation
The concept of reinvestment (by the thesaurus, treasury) refers to transactions in which the profits earned by an organization are not spent or distributed, but remain (retained) within the organization itself.
Particular importance is attached to the reinvestment of fund companies. If an income is reinvested, the income earned in the investment period (VZ) will not be distributed to the shareholders of the fund, but will be used to increase the fund's assets (reinvestment). The individual units thus have a higher own value.
Contents [hide]
1 Accumulation Accumulation
2 Comparison with cash distribution
3 Comparison with reinstallation
4 References
Accumulation Benefit [Edit | Edit Source Code]
For the benefit of the unutilized profits within the meaning of § 34a EStG, see Accumulation of Accrual.
Comparison with Cash Distribution [Edit | Edit Source Code]
Compared to the cash distribution of the income, the accumulation has the "advantage" for the shareholders of the usually lower tax burden. The increase in capital associated with an accumulation is all the higher for the sale, due to the correspondingly increased fund assets. If a capital company does not distribute the profits it has received to the shareholders, but retains it in reserves, for example, certain tax rates may result in the taxation of the undistributed (retained) profits at a different rate of taxation than the tax applied for Distributed profits.
In addition, the accumulation, such as the compound interest in the case of money investments, in many cases provides for a disproportionate increase in the Fund's assets.
Comparison with Reinforcement [Edit | Edit Source Code]
The reinvestment is to be separated from the reinvestment. In this case, the income is initially distributed, but then again (in an automated process, for example), is reinvested in further securities of the same securities. Thus, the fund administration is able to pass on the capital growth by allocating additional fund shares to the shareholders.
Apart from tax aspects, reinvestment and reinvestment do not differ in the yield performance: in economic theory, reinvestment gains the value of the individual fund shares exactly by the accumulated amount."

Impressive Sven!! When I remember some of your early posts when you were still teaching yourself English, it's amazing that you'd post this now. Although I have to admit I understood your early posts a bit easier than what you just said!! lol...

Hello Tom,
I did not write that, it was the google translation for the wickipedia contence for the German "Thesaurierung" = inside the company retrieved earnings.
The Latin origin is Thesaurus singular, Thesauri Plural. The treasure room of the governor.
So a further valid answer to the question might be "taxes" or "war treasure"

The same word origin is often filled with different meanings in different languages, or sometimes even inside the same language in different dialects.
Or in the case of elder languages You find different meanings for the same word from passing from one professional group to the other.

Just remind the English word "file"... I know 5 meanings, on how many do you come?

By the way English we have since grade 5 in college. Just I was too lazy (last record in 12th grade 1 point out of 15 possible/had Latin until 13th grade=nothing left) and was taught English by a British officer my self-selected "Godfather" at the age from 18 years on. Before joining the forum I worked 3 years at a Texan electronics company in the local free zone.
So I had a bit of back ground, just still need sometimes a hint and dictionary.

Best wishes to the North and a happy Thanksgiving.

Here we are lucky. Hurricane "Otto" passed through the country in just one night in the less dense populated part with about 95-100 miles per hour winds, lots of water heads and blocked roads, but only 4 dead and 6 missing persons.
Thank the Lord.
Sven

Still impressive. Glad Otto did no more damage than that, it sure could have been worse. But still bad for those affected. Thanks for the good wishes. We had a mighty fine but not traditional Thanksgiving. A movie with our granddaughter and out to a restaurant for dinner afterward. The movie we had to ourselves. The opposite at the restaurant, the place was packed to overflowing. A fine day.

9 Persons are dead, and a baby still missing.

My son and I had our second final drive issue in 34.000km.
With a Ural you do not think much. We pulled out the final drive of the Ural, found a worn attack shaft bearing, turned it around to the not so badly worn side, and in one hour were on 3 wheels again.
58km in the heavy rain of "Otto's rain tail" at the time El Comandante Fidel passed into the Hades Reich, such an experience was the true oposite of a shame ride.

Thanks giving for the relieve to be home and safe. Now let's see what future will bring.
May the change on the big island be peaceful and socially just.

Fidel doesn't need to be mummified. He is already.
Although he stands for eternal contrarianism, he has earned a true Wiking burrial.
Hat off towards the stubburn old man.
Sven