USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What Did You Do With Your Sidecar Today?

prmurat1 - 5/12/2015 5:11 PM

hdrghack - 5/12/2015 1:06 PM Prmurat1 (YES I am starting to be more than tired of the vintage BS!!!).

Love vintage bikes and sidecars, they do require more maintenance and tinkering than the button bikes.

A handsome rig, I hope you sort it all out

Today I finally installed the new fuel tank in the sidecar, I took a air tank and converted it into a fuel tank to replace the rusted out tank that was in the car when I bought it.
I still have to plumb and wire the pump but the tank is mounted

Thomas made his first longer ride through 2 jamed towns to his grandmother, my mother in law...56km on his 7th or 8th lesson.
Only twice he made open my eyes wide... strong steep serpentines had him surprised by the force they demanded and he was about to invade the left lane.
Plus the first occasion he put the sidecar wheel into the ditch edge. Intended or not I cannot say for him,
Myself I do it very often as for to keep my s/c down...but that is another story as I ride most time further to the edge of sanity.
2 different ways to measure..."You go slow, you are the scholar, while I make what I am fond off, You will have to swallow it."

"Erfahrung kommt von Fahren!"
"Experience comes from driving!"
33/29 years (-11) versus 8 days
Sven

Ace, did you use a new air tank or a used one? Air tanks often have moisture that builds up in them creating rust.

Hi Don
I bought a new air tank, it is a tank for a tractor trailer. it holds 6 gallons. I'll post some pictures once I get it all hooked up

Sure is Purty, don't get it dirty.

Have a great run.

Lonnie

That Indian rig is about as classic as it gets. Beautiful.

Had a good day today. Lazy breakfast then rode my old BSA Sloper outfit over to Jacks Hill Cafe, Towcester (near Silverstone race circuit if your a MotoGp/Formula1fan), where the Headingham Sidecar Club where holding a Sidecar Day. About a fifty mile round trip. Cup of tea, bacon sandwich and a good chat and I left with the Best Outfit Award!
Home for a bite of lunch and a change of machine and I'm off on the Goldwing outfit for an afternoon meet of the West Midlands Sidecar Club at the Blue Bell Cider House, Hockley Heath, about a 70 mile round trip. More tea and chat before a brisk ride home, and not a spot of rain.
Sid

Attached files

Quite a gathering, impressive.