USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What Did You Do With Your Sidecar Today?

Murphy took his first 30 mile circuit before the Midwest got socked in. Like a natural. At 65 mph just Duck and Cover.

Attached files

I planned to ride mine to our GWRRA Chapter breakfast meeting on Saturday morning. On Friday evening I started it and let it run for a while to get the battery charged up and to check for leaks. I had pretty bad gas leak somewhere between the tank and carbs, but it seemed to quit. Saturday morning I checked the thermometer. 32 degrees. Oh, well, it is only about 1 hour 15 minutes to the meeting, I won't freeze solid in that time. I started the bike and pushed it out of the garage and then took off for Storm Lake. I planned to stop at Mallard for gas. I got 2.75 miles before I ran out of gas. Jane came and towed me home and I took the pickup truck to the meeting. :^(

Mounted a 175/55-17 car tire on the BMW R1150RT tug's stock wheel.

Do you have any clearance problems between the tire and the fender?

I took my girlfriends grand kids for a spin on Easter, they loved it! Weather here in MA is supposed to be up near 60 this wknd, I can't wait!

Attached files

Tax Man - 4/10/2015 12:02 AM

Do you have any clearance problems between the tire and the fender?

No clearance problems yet. Only about 3/16" between swing arm and tire but so far no indication it was hitting. I did tight turns and hard braking but still no issues. Have not tried it with the rig loaded down yet.

Saturday was an uncommon day here in Northwest Louisiana, sunny with low of 50* and high of 75*. Unfortunately we didn't have a chance to ride as we spent the better part of the day ferreting out a pesky coolant leak on Mrs. SswampFox's Burgman tug. After removing the water pump, it appears there's a faulty o-ring between the pump and the engine block. We'll know for sure after we put it all back together upon receipt of a few more small parts.

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Went for a 310 mile spin to the Loveless Cafe on the Natchez Trace

Visit to the mother in law was short but it took pretty long for to enjoy the twistees through the mountains!
A kind of Red Riding Hood trip. 😉

The summer gives its first break with a few clouds and seldom rains after 4 month of draught.

Rode with friends on our rigs to dinner in the next county. Beautiful day and lots of fun.