Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

What Did You Do With Your Sidecar Today?

PreviousPage 30 of 30

My son Thomas passed the test last week Thursday... best of all wives insisted "What is the hurry to get the plastic?"...Monday we picked up that tiny plastic card and
since Tuesday the place in the garage where my Sophie Travelair used to be, is most of the time empty!

Now I hope to get at least once upon the time the change of a short ride with my dear Patrol.
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

Sven

first ride with all of the family on bikes:
http://es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatialArtifacts.do?event=setCurrentSpatialArtifact&id=11541228
short and slow but way different from the cage.
we even were "able to hold pass" with 3 HD riders who had lunch in the same place. Turtle speed downhill.
Unlikely there was no coffee brake at my favourite restaurant la Lluna de Valencia...
another day. then.
Be patient Sven

got the beast ready for winter. /Users/joelsinks/Desktop/hippo hands/mid.jpg

Took Aiden to an Old Time Barber shop

Attached files

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Got the tree.
We put the tree in the wife's pickup. The tree farm wanted a photo for their Facebook page.

Attached files

That's why you got a green rig, to match the tree. Now to string lights on both the rig and the tree.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

CCjon

And Merry Christmas to you Jon. I hope our paths cross in 2016.

Let's meet up at the USCA Rally in Hotchkiss, Colorado, July 7th to 10th. Would like to see your new rig in person.

Am taking my new KLR650 adventure rig to the Rally. After which, plan to ride the Continental Divide Trail from Mexico to Canada on it.

Getting ready for the CDT next summer.
/Users/jhdaub/Desktop/DSCN3753.jpg

I have reservations at the Hotchkiss Inn Motel for that weekend. I'll have my daughter with me, we plan on making it a 3 week adventure. See you there!

Try again to post photo.

Attached files

Rode across Portland to the annual Christmas Party at Cascade Moto Classics. Chilly ride (45 degrees) and cloudburst on the way home but overall a grand time.Those of us in Portland, OR are grateful for such an excellent dealership. It really does feel like one great big family.

Not wanting to take the sidecar out in the snow today, Petey and I did a brief run on the Trackster. The first for this year. Brief because I wasn't sure how long my jump battery would hold up and I didn't want to walk back.

Attached files

Petey looks a little forlorn out there in the snow.
More better in the cab.

LoCo

Delivered a few cakes to a brother in law....tremendously my second occasion in a month to be able to use my own rig...Thomas, my son is using it and most of the time the garage is empty.
The Passover storms with horizontal rain arrived, so Summer is on its way now seriously.
Sven

Lonnie, you're right. But it's so noisy in the cab I think this is his least favorite of any of the vehicles he rides with me. Henry (the pup before Petey) loved winter and he loved to follow me when I was on the Trackster but would not get inside the cab for anything. Petey will wear the ear protection if I put the muffs on him... If he could consider abstract ideas he'd be as anxious as me for spring to come and get back on either of the bikes. That's what he loves.

Here is hopping all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years. It was so hot today I had to take a little ride to cool down. I like back roads. This is one just on the north side of Williston, FL. It looks like an Ural road to me.

Attached files

Petey and I made a short cold ride just to get some photos in the snow. He got his hopes up and didn't want to get out to pose and didn't want to get out when we got it back inside the shop. Had to tow it back up the driveway because of zero traction on the compact snow. Once again, merry Christmas!!

Attached files

Yes it is January 2nd and yes it is South Dakota and yes there is snow on the ground but it got above 40 degrees today so I went for a ride. After 12 miles and watching folks ice fish on the nearest lake I took the long shortcut home. I only went a little over 40 miles - but I rode in January in South Dakota.

Attached files

My rig is happy to set in the garage. We were close to 26 degrees at noon. There are some pretty large areas of packed snow and ice on the paved roads around here and I didn't want to chance having to use my 4x4 pickup truck or tractor to pull the rig out of a ditch. Color me chicken.

PreviousPage 30 of 30