Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

What Did You Do With Your Sidecar Today?

PreviousPage 3 of 30Next

Thank you so much. Looking forward to new memories and friends this bike will bring 🙂

Harold and Doris and Joan and I took advantage of a very nice day and rode 75+ miles for Mexican lunch in Spearfish. We rode three canyons Spearfish Canyon on the way to lunch and Bolder, and Vanocker Canyon coming home for a total mileage of around 160 miles. We made it home in time to get rained on. Joan and I pulled into the garage and it started to pour. We got nearly a half inch of rain in the next hour. I wish we had taken a camera to record some of the sights to share.

Will Short
Rapid City, SD

Hi Will,
Have you ever crossed paths with Ray Tysdal there in Rapid? He's a long time friend.

Yesterday Petey and I rode into Spokane for a Rollin' coal cancer benefit run. It was actually for diesel pickups but we got invited by the lady who was spearheading the whole shebang. We had the only motorcycle there, let alone the sidecar. It was a successful event but we left early because Petey was not being very sociable with the other dogs present.

Attached files

Hi Tom:
Ray and I have not yet crossed paths. We have only been here for 7 years. In that time we have met what feels like half of the other half of South Dakota. Ray must be a part of the other half. Is Ray a sidecarist?

My plan was to mark up with the GPS some of the hidden beautiful roads that are still present in ugly central valley... GPS lost all tracks... This old cat Peter Pan lost his way in the fog. Got back to the highway about 30km off track.
Must become old...100km fun.
Nice street signs?
Sven 😉

Attached files

No, he's not a biker or sidecarist. He's a wildlife photographer. Years ago we were both in the same line of work (worked for irrigation districts) and met at a seminar in Denver. Been friends ever since.

Went trout fishing.

Attached files

Went to Saint Louis Church picnic and car show. Was the only motorcycle there. Clarksville, MD

Attached files

Did a milage test on my TGB Lazor 150/cozy hack. Did my normal riding on our rural hilly roads( we are in the NGA foot hills) Ran from 35 mph to 50mph, filled up before leaving and again upon return. Average 50.4 mpg.
This is consistent with my earlier tests. Great day for a ride, temps in the 80s and for a change no rain. The hack is my back up unit for PO runs and Groc. shopping mostly.

Just finished installing one of my sweet SL-220 sidecars on a Buell. Picture is of me warmed it up in the driveway in first gear before I put on my helmet and took it out and "rang it out".

photo johnnyonBuell_zpscad28434.jpg

The blue and yellow seem to go together on this rig. With 100 plus HP it can run down the road.

photo sweetbuellsl220_zpsb548b1fa.jpg

Got to drive both of these rigs today and it was fun.

photo sweetsl220buellBMW_zps4ec55a98.jpg

Outstanding rigs, Mr. Sweet!!

Did a little grocery shopping Saturday, on my way to the boyfriend who is 42 miles away. (which is why we are still dating 6 years later) Doing some yard work so I brought my electric weed whacker, 6 dozen ears of corn that someone gave my brother, we shared with family and friends and some yummy watermelons. I parked near the end of the lot, empty spaces right and left. Came out to the minivan beside me. Guess the other 50 open spaces just weren't close enough to anyone.

Attached files

Last Friday Petey and I headed for Toad Rock motorcycle campground in southern British Columbia. Made it as far as Nelson, BC where the bike decided it didn't like riding in the amount of rain we were riding in. Crapped out. Long story short, it came back home in the back of a U-Haul. I've written the long version and sent it to Martin for possible publication in the Sidecarist along with a few photos. We were back home exactly 16 hours after we left. Had planned on coming home today.

Happy Birthday to Sophie.
today 1 year a go Jim Petitti told funny stories to the DMV officer for to get the P51...trip permit.
🙂
Oregon, Alaska,Oregon 11.985km in 8 weeks.
Since January 9th she crawled out of her crate in custom
and since January 20th she is on the street.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlroOBv_OYw

Watch out for the next time you hear this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkgBgWjH4RY
Saturday against Holland. :O

Not again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZIdZSZlhoc

Have a nice party

Attached files

Wolfy, are you ready to attack the "Dragon" yet?

Johnny, I do suspect the Buell outfit can motorvate quite well - and I like the "Ferrari" touch.

Mary Jo, it's good to see the watermelon is safely seat-belted in!

Tom, sorry for the truck ride, but looking fwd to the rest of the story.

Sven, congrats on the 1st year. Here's to many more adventures.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Sven, hard to believe it's been a year already. It was fun following your adventure here and via e-mail. Like Lee said, here's to many more adventures!! And here's hoping one day our paths will cross in person.

Today I started to make it more of a "my" rig by removing lights, racks, helmet boxes and storage bags/brackets. Since I got it out of the barn it was still "the other guys idea" of the best way to set it up for travel, plus I'm making it easier to work-on and service. I still have dirt and rust to remove but it's a riding/running machine that I am already having adventures on. Today it's just too hot out to ride this afternoon but as the sun goes down it might just cool down enough to have a pleasant evening ride.

Lee, did the dragon 4 years ago on a TGB 150 Delivery, since sold. Last time I took the rig up I burned out a clutch trying to get out of a ditch(DONT ASK!!!). This fall I may take the Buddy 170i up and try the Dragon.
The Silver Bagel should handle it with no problem.

PreviousPage 3 of 30Next