USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What Did You Do With Your Sidecar Today?

Yesterday I, along with 4 two-wheel friends, rode to a "Pie Run" at the Moosehead Cafe in Crockett, Texas, organized by the Two Wheel Texans group, stopping by the Cherokee Theater along the way:

We briefly visited with several friends, including Avanell riding her newly mated combination:

and J.R., who was piloting the Shark rig:

We all admired this R26:

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

I made a stand to hold the Harley FXD upright so I can start on the sidecar mounts for the Velorex 700. I'll also need the stand to mount/dismount the sidecar in the future.

I made my sidecar stand out of the larger Harbor Freight furniture dolly. I would take a picture but it is still packed away in a storage unit . Harold

Back in the days of my long burned out youth, I had an R-26. Rode it, thrashed it, tore the rear end gears out doing wheelies, replaced the entire rear drive unit for 125 dollars, a brand new unit.

I like Avanelle's new hack. Very colorful.

We have 2-3 inches of wet snow this morning. I drove the pickup in 4-wheel drive to town this morning. I had trouble seeing where the pavement was, so sort of drove by Braille. When I'd feel the right wheels fall off onto the shoulder I knew where I was. I don't think Phelonius has to deal with that weather.

39 degrees and drizzling, not the typical Houston New Year's Day weather. BMW club holds an annual New Years Day luncheon, so rode over then took the long way back home. 128 miles in all. Warmed up to 43 degrees.

Good news, waterproof gear, still is.

Happy New Year, y'all

Here we do not have your temps neither:
New years barbecue at my mother in laws farm...some 50 brothers in law, nephews with their kids and babies---somebody was kidding me it would be time to get grandchidren of our own...Hope our kids take their time. Nice to have 4 generations together.

The 58 Thunderbird was a nice finding a few days ago when we bought the fire works...and as a big sign tells"No I am not for sale, don't insist!"
I guess Thomas has now enough cardbord tubes for to recicle with his home made black powder, Don't You think?
From 9th Jan to 31.12. nearly 11.000km is not much but lets add the KLR millage and the cars, I guess it was not too bad.
Just on 30th evening the best of all wives ate up her cars head gasket.... One Daihatsu Terius less on the road.
Sven :O

PS, The photos do not want to turn...kind of Linux vs Windows illness.

Attached files

Last time I wrote that I did not have any sidecar but this I do have and bought it and what i did was went on a small trip with my gf 😉

I hate to admit it but with this nasty cold snap,,,,,,, I left it at home today

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18

Mine is sitting in the garage waiting for a warmup so I can work on a gas leak. I would rather not burn my rig to the ground so I will fix it before I ride it again.
I have gone out and taken it apart little bits at a time (until the fingers got too cold) and I am only about halfway to finding the other end of the leaky fuel line down in bowels of the fuel injection stuff.
The service guy at the BMW shop in Sturgis told me I would have to take it all apart. He was right.