USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What Did You Do With Your Sidecar Today?

Can the bike be ridden without the car with those trees?

IndSlim,

They say you shouldn't ride the bike solo with these trees. But, people say a lot of things. I believe the claim is that the steering is way to quick, but then I think about old school choppers with 12' front forks.

I have found that riding with modified trees is doable but at first scary. You have to do all the little corrections in steering like initiate a lean then turn it to upright again. They actually handle better the faster you go as long as you do all the corrections needed. That's my story and I'm sticking to hit.

I went to Algona this morning to get the sidecar. It was 27 degrees when I picked it up. There were still icey patches on the road in sheltered areas, and bridges were mostly ice covered. I wondered if I'd make it up the lane to the house & garage,but the bike and sidecar wheels matched up with the car/pickup tracks in the 4" deep snow, so no problem. We put 12,485 miles on the rig this year, a personal record.

Missed the 22.222km mark strawling with the best of all wives over the Irazu Vulcano. We were searching for a nice road over the southern edge of Cartago which I found 3 years ago...that is now my second intent without finding it... Regards from the German scientist who's name I forgot.
Sven

New season, new ridding buddy.

I see you have him bungied in so he doesn't fly away in the slipstream.

Yes, bungie'd him in to keep him seated and centered. I also put my ballast bag on his feet to help out too. I'm thinking of adding some weighted but otherwise empty wrapped "presents" too. I'd hate for them to disappear should I park it somewhere. Guess I could put a note inside the box. Something like "If you are reading this note, you are a present-stealing, scumbag low-life!"

Almost done. I just need to fine tune the set up now.

Attached files

Donmystic1 that is a sharp looking set up, what model BMW is that

Oldschool I like your riding partner

97 1500 SE Motorvation II sidecar USCA # 8913 Double Dark Side # 1522 Goodyear Fuel max 175/60 R16 PILOT ACTIV 130/70 18