USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What Did You Do With Your Sidecar Today?

I picked my rig up in Murray, KY. You can't beat Hannigan customer service.

c64club - 10/20/2014 9:39 AM

In fact, I hate breeds (or breeding at all) except one - "the dog" aka "random mixer in tenth generation" that is the most dog as dog can be. I don't care about her breed as long as she don't have some breed-specific illness or mutation. In Europe we also have sick breed template for GS - such dog, when smelling just over the ground, has "pyramid" profile. Fortunately. Yuck, and most of them suffer a lot - their hip joints offen destroy. Fortunately Delma doesn't fit this template.

THANK YOU
I think she is a good looking gsd and wish you and her the best,
I am going to send you a pm later today, it will have a couple of websites that you might like, they are in Europe, good luck

On the road again since Wednesday. Today I was searching for some bacteria culture and had since yesterday afternoon my most reliable Husquarna engine working. Cut down and chopped into pieces a rotten cypress tree before the storms would drop that one on the house too.(the chain saw is 22 years old and had only 2 repairs in the whole time)
Its good to do heavy body work when you passed the last years or in the office or on the street.
Now all three cars are for sale to change them into a new one for the best of all wives and I will stay with my 2 rigs and Solo KLR...
Rig pushing is good exercise too. Specially in our mountain range.
Sven

Ps. Strange until now I become conscience about that 20 minutes ago I had a close call...
pulled out into the gate when I heard squeeking tires and 2 cars crash just left of me.
The neighbor from the other road side had pulled out into my lane and some idiot came behind me with something like 55mph or more....tsstt... construction zone and village entrance. His own guilt...just until now I recognize that could have been Sophie and my bones.

We decorated the sidecar for a trunk-or-treat:

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Today in the afternoon was the burial of the 4 month old first granddaughter of my neighbour, who passed by in the morning due to brain cancer.
Additionally to the Priest's prayer for the sake of her soul, there came a Pastor on his Harley down to the grave yard for some additional comforting words.
Since then the rain hasn't stopped.

This was the first time I did accompany somebody on her/his last walk who actually never did walk ever. (on top, her name is Sophie too)
There are no casualties, things are written before we get born.
This day was strange...(did notice that I did disturb an Indian burial as in the morning I undertook an opossum at the pond, which I dug in the last weeks)
Sven

Sorry to hear such a sad story Sven, condolences to you and your neighbor. Glad you were able to offer your support.

Tom Wells aka Reardan Tom

Received a call from my Honda mechanic saying the Valkyrie has new shoes, the oil and filters have been changed, and I can come get it to take home. I was busy in the office so couldn't do it Monday. Went to Ames, IA yesterday to the annual meeting of the Iowa Institute for Cooperatives and didn't get home until after 6pm. I thought I'd go get it this morning before the temperature goes to zero tonight, but when I got up we'd already had about 3 inches of snow with more on the way. The shop won't be open Thursday, so now I'm looking at Saturday when our afternoon high will be 40 or 41 degrees. This is when I get really envious of our members who live where you don't have to worry about the well-being of your brass monkeys.

Good to hear Don, sounds like we just need to invest in some heated gear to keep riding.

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Put new rear tire on Avanell's Burgman. Been changing sidecars. Rough roads in Canada this summer bent frame and cracked body in several places on Ender. I had a Cal. commuter in storage so it's going on. Will be ridin in CMA toy run on Dec. 13th. Usually the only 2 sidecars there.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. Rep.

Finished installing the triple trees from a 2009 Tri-Glide on my 2003 Electra Glide. There is a huge WOW factor in the difference in the steering between the before and after. Big bonus is the cost involved using an on-line Harley Dealer for the parts. Doing the work myself saved even more.