Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

What Did You Do With Your Sidecar Today?

PreviousPage 13 of 30Next

Very nice Don. R1200C plus old Steib..... interesting combination.

That is a 1999 BMW R1200C.
The mounts were custom fabricated by Blue Moon BMW in Ga.
The bike used to be Emerald green but I found a set of Black BMW Tins to match the sidecar.

Attached files

I bought one! An older Velorex. Good price and saves me the hassle of designing and building one - just need to fabricate mounts.

Attached files

Installed a new rear tire and throttle cables. Eventually I may get to quit updating the beast and ride her.

Attached files

It's been a while now but my bike is at Vintage V-twin sitting on two wheels. Doing some power upgrades, mostly S&S stuff. The sidecar is sitting in the trailer here at home. Until I need the trailer it might as well stay there. While Petey and look forward to spring with great expectations...

Attached files

Hi Everyone:
It got up to 71 today (yes that is above zero) and I couldn't stand it.

But let me backup a bit. After the last ride I noticed a gas smell in the garage and after some inspection found a gas leak under the K1100. I had installed quick disconnects in the gas lines (yes - it has two. One coming and one going). I suspected the plastic ones were leaking and went looking for metal ones. Beemer Boneyard has chrome plated brass ones - at a hefty price - but it is better than burning my rig to the ground. I installed them and today was the first ride since installation. It didn't go well at first. I called brother Harold and picked his brain. He hit on one item that needed checking. Were the disconnects connected all the way? I lifted the tank and pushed a little harder. The feed line disconnect went "snap". I put it back together and hit the starter button. It started so quickly it surprised me. So - I rode it until the low fuel light came on. I made it back to the filling station before it quit and had a marvelous ride. Next week the weather is going to be more winter-like but usually about once a month during the winter months ti warms enough to ride. Stay tuned.

Is it 103 CI time Tom?

No. A couple years back I had the Evo rebuilt by the factory. Turned out to be a mistake. It was actually time back then for the 103 CI but I thought this would be way less money. It wasn't. So now we're doing pistons and heads, a different cam but I'm not sure what the bore will be. Not too long after the rebuild I changed to the Thunder Max EFI and that helped some but not enough. If you ever get up our way again Lonnie, I'd sure like to introduce you to Bill at Vintage V-twin. In hindsight, I should have gone there instead of through the dealership at the start of the rebuild. But that's hindsight. Now it's a bit like swimming across a wide river, I'm close enough to the other shore, I can't turn back...

FYI........ The MOCO no longer does the rebuilds. S&S has taken over the program.

What did I do with my hack today? I washed it and the 170i trike. Will ride tomorrow and the temp will be in the low 60s. Not very exciting but at least I did something with it!!! 8^)

I took a lap around Lake Guntersville in Alabama. Was 34 when I left the house at 830 and 49 when I got home. The Mrs. Was wrapped up in heated gear and a 12v electric blanket but was comfortable and enjoyed he ride. Best investment I ever made was the enclosed Hannigan! She will now ride year round!

Avanell and I went on toy run with CMA chapter(Redeamed Riders,Palestine Tex.) Delivered toys to 28 needy children. 68 degrees and partly cloudy,couldn't ask for much better weather. We get the names from schools,social services,battered women center,etc. Kids make a list within our budget. We deliver toys to their houses. Always have extras for neighbor kids that show up. If you haven't been on one of these,you have really missed out on something great.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex Rep.

Loma Linda Hospital Toy Ride. Temp 49°. Beautiful blue sky. More rain predicted for So Cal, but NOT today.

Helped an old friend pick up some Christmas presents.

Nice 🙂

If the weather was yuck (like it was for the past two weeks), I was going to do some work on the front end (remove fender, mount Heidenau K-28, install fork gaiters), but it cleared up Saturday, so we went for a putt.

It's lacking six days from summer officially beginning, but just for you guys in the frozen north, buckling on snowshoes to be able to make it to the garage... 🙂

I don't have a sidecar so I did nothing

Well Nichloas, we sure can help remedy that problem of no sidecar.....

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

I am S-O-O-O-O jealous. It was warm enough to ride, but fog and light rain kept me from riding. I read The Sidecarist instead.

Yesterday I had a Dr appt. at the VA in Iowa City for my prostate cancer. It was partly sunny and a balmy 23 degrees with no wind. Paradise in Iowa for Dec.
Put my woolies on and took the rig. Got a lot of looks and thumbs up. One lady took a picture at a stop light.

Going down wasn’t too bad. I wear a Tour Master 3 season jacket, but as heavy and warm as it is it could be a 4 season,
a Balaclava, and Carhartt Arctic gloves, but the temp dropped a few degrees by the time I headed back to Cedar Rapids
and so it got a little chillier, but for the 19th of Dec I’ll take it.

Not official yet but probably the last ride of the season.

PreviousPage 13 of 30Next