Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

What Did You Do With Your Sidecar Today?

PreviousPage 11 of 30Next

The hand was black from grease and the meat poundered so badly that it looked like ground burger patty.
I cut off those parts that were impossible to rescue and would have only caused more infection. Until now I am happy to have a clean wound. Only the doc blamed me for cutting off that flesh...hey perhaps in Europe it wouldn't matter, but we live in the tropics and bacteria are everywhere just looking for a victim...

Twice hospital bacteria had me at the edge with a very close call. some lost meat doesn't matter then.
Living on gifted (granted?) time.
Sven 😉

PS: probably that is the reason why I do not like at all the skull fetish like above...anyhow a good joke to get the skeleton out of college onto the street. A skeleton too should have the right to have fun. 😉

Ouch!! Sven, heal fast and find better ways to have fun that don't hurt or open yourself to infections!!!

Hello Tom, thanks for the wishes...
isn't rig riding in high mountain range like living on the edge all the time?
There is always the change for a final free flight! Or that heaven strikes you on your head with some "small" stones
http://www.sidecar.com/mbbs22/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=368&photoid=2159
Adrenaline is what makes you feel alive!
As Grandma Meta said:"It is not important how long you live, but how intensive!"
Enjoy every moment.
Sven

You're right, of course, Sven. But it's better on the days with no injuries...

Stay in the house makes for a very long boring day...
shortened it a bit with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wepC7IV9uew

Good memories came up.
Now good night and thanks for the wishes.
Sven

Could be worse. Good mood also helps in healing, Sven, and we know that you know it 🙂

I haven't been here for weeks. I probably live something too intensive last time.
My beloved dog Delma is ending up, she doesn't feel any hurt, only light touch. So I must inspect her and heel some smaler hurts. She even had surgery without any pain killers, not needed. Now I must "feel" for two lives. I'm affraid about winter. Everything says that winter will be hard. And then frostbites may eat Delma without any feedback from her.

Few months without sidecar, and doing everything just to save some money. I had opportunity to buy big amount of '60-70s (but brand-new) tools and toolbits. Some of them I have spare for whole workshop life 🙂

I Partially rebuilt my Simson Duo trike, but the project has to wait until spring. Now I prepare sidecar rig, as it's way more practical in winter. Duo will be my rain-time vechicle.

Best wishes for all
Igor

Do not leave Delma outside in bitter cold too long. Let her do her business and come back in to a warm fireside. I know how you feel. The last Beagle from our show days is 15 and slowing down. Always hard to let them go.
My TGB needs some work before I can get back to ridin.

We left home at 8:45AM on Saturday. It was 33 degrees F. We rode to Quimby, IA to join some friends for a ride to the western Iowa loess hills. This was to have been a leaf color ride, but we were too early for peak color. It was a great day anyway. There were some terrific vistas from hill tops looking out over the Missouri River bottom, and across tributary river valleys to the hills and bluffs on the other side.

We had lunch at the Old Home Fill 'er Up and Keep on Trucking Café in Pisgah, IA and took a cider and apple pie break at Small's Fruit Farm. We linked up to US 30 near Logan and rode northeastward to Dunlap before heading back toward Cherokee. We stopped at Anthon for dinner, even though most of us weren't really hungry yet.

Though a few split off from the group at Correctionville, IA to go home, the rest of us were riding in a column in the dark up IA 31 toward Washta when we heard a call over the CB radio, "Deer. They're hurt". We turned around and found one couple on a Goldwing/Motor Trike rig had hit a large buck deer, demolishing the fairing, front fender, radiators, and breaking the right rear fender. They had carried the dead deer on the front wheel and forks for about 100 feet before the deer fell off. The trike remained upright and the riders stayed on the bike. The rider strained both shoulders and was not thinking clearly, and his wife suffered broken bones in the lower right leg. Most of us remained to help control traffic and to assist the EMTs in loading the pair onto ambulances to go to Sioux City to be evaluated and treated. One of our group is from Quimby, a few miles north of Washta, and he went to get his trailer. We loaded the damaged trike on the trailer. It was 11:35PM when we arrived home and it was getting pretty chilly again.

c64club - 10/13/2014 10:18 AM

Could be worse. Good mood also helps in healing, Sven, and we know that you know it 🙂

I haven't been here for weeks. I probably live something too intensive last time.
My beloved dog Delma is ending up, she doesn't feel any hurt, only light touch. So I must inspect her and heel some smaler hurts. She even had surgery without any pain killers, not needed. Now I must "feel" for two lives. I'm affraid about winter. Everything says that winter will be hard. And then frostbites may eat Delma without any feedback from her.

Few months without sidecar, and doing everything just to save some money. I had opportunity to buy big amount of '60-70s (but brand-new) tools and toolbits. Some of them I have spare for whole workshop life 🙂

I Partially rebuilt my Simson Duo trike, but the project has to wait until spring. Now I prepare sidecar rig, as it's way more practical in winter. Duo will be my rain-time vechicle.

Best wishes for all
Igor

sorry to hear about delma,wishing her the best, what breed is she? how old?

Tax man, a boy scout day.
That makes s life living worth.
Let's hope the bones heal well and fast.
On, on.
Sven

I just hate it when the deer do that

roughly translated, 'White Sunday for the Children'. We're neither of Samoan heritage, nor Protestants, so we don't do anything special, but for those who are, White Sunday means that the parents make the Sunday umu (earth oven) and do all the chores, and the children get the day off and lead services at church.

Since we skip all of that, and it was blazing hot (no real rain for the last few weeks), took a putt over to a private beach on the other end of the island so boy-child could have some nice snorkeling and a nice nap in the s/c on the way home.

I've got the wobble all but non-existent with the s/c loaded with a combination of slightly reducing the air pressure in the s/c tire and seat time. I think I do need a fork brace, as loaded and at speed in 'the twistys' I hear what I think are the front rotors singing a little.

almost 12 y.o. german shepherd but last in litter; lighter and smaller than g.s. should be, also slightly weaker heart. Looks closer to "just the dog" or "random mixer" breeds. Now after half year of liver illness. She should live typically about year or two more, but in her condition it may be months or weeks.

Sending good wishes to you and Delma both Igor!! Good to see you're back on the forum...

+1 More good wishes from Lee & Maddie.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

c64club - 10/14/2014 9:15 AM

almost 12 y.o. german shepherd but last in litter; lighter and smaller than  g.s. should be, also slightly weaker heart. Looks closer to "just the dog" or "random mixer" breeds. Now after half year of liver illness. She should live typically about year or two more, but in her condition it may be months or weeks.

so sorry about delma, I'm a gsd fanatic, have had them for 50 yrs, if you could post a pic of delma I would like to put her on my gsd wall(all pics of gsd), trying to post pic of Gundo vom Schaferliesel, brought him here from Neuberend Germany 11 yrs ago, he has logged about 70,000 miles in his hack. thanks and good luck

Attached files

But you may be disappointed. She's more like an old ideal of gs, without this strange lowered rear. which makes today's GSes looking like mutants. Formally she's a GS but fortunately doesn't have all exterior properties of this breed, looks more like a dog. Althrough with her character, she would be ideal shepherd, if we had sheeps 🙂 O, I found some older pics, from when she had power for backpacking with us:

And in sidecar:

Correct looking GS. Proper rear angulation, correct top line, cant say a lot about shoulder placement but assume it is good, proper pasterns. This GS could go all day in the fields. Here in the USA we have bred for show and nothing else. Over angulated rears, weak pasterns.
All resulting in poor top lines. I hope she stays with you longer than you might expect.

In fact, I hate breeds (or breeding at all) except one - "the dog" aka "random mixer in tenth generation" that is the most dog as dog can be. I don't care about her breed as long as she don't have some breed-specific illness or mutation. In Europe we also have sick breed template for GS - such dog, when smelling just over the ground, has "pyramid" profile. Fortunately. Yuck, and most of them suffer a lot - their hip joints offen destroy. Fortunately Delma doesn't fit this template.

Avanell and I went out to Art and Rosa's tamale factory. He said production is 200 dozen a day. He also has a order for 1000 qt.s of salsa. Going to have tamales and salsa for supper. Wish all of you could be here with us.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep.

PreviousPage 11 of 30Next