USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What Did You Do With Your Sidecar Today?

This is the place for Show & Tell of what you did with your sidecar today** such as maintenance,repairs, ride to eat, parade/charity ride, visit a local festival/park, visiting with others sidecarists and/or simply taking the rig/dogs around the block.  Both photos & stories are encouraged.

** Today is loosely defined as recently, as it usually takes me a a couple of days to sort my photos.  I'll get us started:

After installing a 165/60R14 Federal Formoza FD1 darkside tire for a new pusher on Jena's Burgman rig, Saturday morning was wash day, but Maddie & Corkie announced they would prefer to ride than take a bath:

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Made my First fishing trip with Sophie Travelair just over the other side of the Cordillera. My last angling day was in july in Hope Alaska with Sophie too... Before we baptized her.
Nothing Big, but entertaining and good surprise how Fast you can travel with an Ural, when you do not get caught behind a truck or sunday driver. 35km,22mi - 30 minutes just uphill in optimum revrange and no overheating at all tell me the oilcooler and fan were the best investment after the powerarc and Jim Petiti's other small gadjets.
Sven

Went for a ride and the 03 Road King stopped running half way home. Coasted to a stop, turned off the ignition, turned it back on, and it started right up and I made it home.

Now I don't want to go for a ride without a pal along and a trailer on call. Apparently some HDs of that era had sensor problems but they aren't easy to detect and no diagnostic code comes up on the computer.

Put a new pusher tire on my Harley!

It looked neglected so I rode it to work.

Rotten Ralph - 5/19/2014 9:12 PM Went for a ride and the 03 Road King stopped running half way home. Coasted to a stop, turned off the ignition, turned it back on, and it started right up and I made it home. Now I don't want to go for a ride without a pal along and a trailer on call. Apparently some HDs of that era had sensor problems but they aren't easy to detect and no diagnostic code comes up on the computer.

We have had a similar problem with a 2003 Harley. Someone mentioned that if the voltage drops below a number that I forget it will quite. Every time we took it out with our other 2002 it would quite running. It was off to the shop with the first rig to get the trailer and by the time I would arrive back at the 2003 rig it would start. this happened three times so we ended up installing a new battery in all the bikes. It seemed to solve the problem. I hope this helps.

Rolled them out into the sun (The Express was out on the road yesterday).

Lonnie

Attached files

Thanks - I'll keep that in mind. Went out yesterday for about 30 miles at various speeds and it ran fine.

The only think I did was reset the ECM using the ignition switch. ??????

About 40 mph on local streets and roads.

Spent three days riding the crookedest roads I could find in SC, NC, GA, Tennessee and WV. 1800 miles of fun.