Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

We're not alone

Gang,  This is a copy of the South Yorkshire Sidecar Club's news letter...

Sydelines  142

The journal of the South Yorkshire Sidecar Club

April  2020

What a year this is turning out to be. I and many others thought that the cancellation of Thixendale was to be as bad as it gets. No such luck.  The gala day at Harley is a no go. Then this Coronavirus comes along and really stitches things up.

Slimbridge in April has been cancelled. Our own rally at Breighton Ferry is a no go. The latest to bite the dust is the Vikings in May at Clennell Hall.  The MCN Festival of Motorcycling is also off.

No word as yet of events listed in Outlook, such as West Midlands,( now off) and Heid-o-the-Glen. Although I have heard unofficially, that the “Heid o the Glen” is off.

All this takes us to the end of May. After that, who knows?

I have put on hold all S.Y.S.C  meetings at the scouts in Doncaster until further notice. People’s well-being cannot be put in danger. I have since heard that the scouts have shut down all scout facilities.

Events?

April   3rd-5th     Slimbridge                                        OFF

10-13       SYSC                                               OFF

25-26     Scammell rally  Ackworth                 No word yet

May      8-10       Clennell Hall                                      OFF

8-10        West Midlands                                 Off

16-17       MCN Festival of Motorcycling          Postponed till September

22-25      Heid o the Glen                                 No word as yet

The Scammell weekend at Ackworth has not as yet been cancelled, but I don’t think any of our club will be attending.

I should imagine that the “Tiny Trains Festival” event at Elsecar 4th.-5th April will also be off. This is not on the FED calendar, but would have been of interest to many.

I have heard that Norrie is going to be up at Dalavich, camping, in order to explain to any would be rallyists that may turn up that the rally is off. I have not heard anything other than this.

As for the rest of the year, we will just have to wait and see. But I am not confident of any rallies taking place this year. I hope I am wrong.

Any updates I will keep you informed. My phone numbers are 0114 2490295           Mobile  07547 791539

Any good news. ? Just a little. Pete Ellis has finally got to the bottom of his problems with his Ariel Huntmaster rig. It turned out to be the magneto that needed re-magnetising. I accompanied him on a near 100 mile shakedown run. No problem. Pete is now a happy bunny. I too felt refreshed after the ride.

I have put together this early newsletter in order to stop any SYSC members from turning up at the scout hut. On the 5th April. Some members do not have I.T. Snail mail is still king, and this news must reach them.  Nuff said.

I must admit all of this news is really saddening.  Let us hope that we all come through these uncertain times unscathed. We need Vera Lynn to make a come back, singing those great wartime songs.  In the meantime, “We’ll meet again”

Just space to show you what this years FED rally logo is to be. I hope that you think this is o/k.  A little different maybe, but the canal scene is very strong around the Market Harborough area. If we’re lucky we may get to wear this. Regalia for this design can be ordered. Show support for the FED.

Keep safe & good luck.   John

Deleted user and masegraves have reacted to this post.
Deleted usermasegraves

Sad to see the CCP virus has taken such a toll. I'm thinkin that this year is going to be a hunker down year with a bit of "garage tinkering time".

Here's hoping that everyone stays healthy and if you do contract the virus that you get through it safely....

masegraves has reacted to this post.
masegraves
2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

We are living through a very unique time in history right now and it looks like we're still only seeing the tip of the iceberg. I found out this morning it's likely our schools will be closed the rest of this school year. We need to do what's required to stay safe and realize this is a serious situation, not a hoax. Good luck to all. This will pass, but until we're certain that it's behind us, lets do what's right.

A lot of activities have been canceled all around the globe. The world is affected by this pandemic, a lot of people have died and are now sick. Might as well stay at home until everything is back to normal.

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user

Too much time these days and getting nostalgic. I started my 3 wheeler career on a MZ-rig https://youtu.be/W5JRGSPSh7Q  (Rode one of these about as nuts s these kids. My prefered "snow monkey Scherry" is resting in Norway (49, cancer,  RIP))  when the following  films were in cinema:

https://youtu.be/VxMkXcypdUc

We may be sure there are fishermen having a great time while angling in muddy waters.

I think of pensions passing from one wallet to the other.: "Coal washes more then one vest white. - Coal falls upwards."

https://youtu.be/PfGXdCO65v4

What a mess:

https://youtu.be/RTJvJmkD7qc

Sorry for eventually being interpreted as political comment, but this is what I see with nostalgic, missing monkey buddy Scherry with whom you could camp out in ice and snow .