Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Welcome to the Sidecar Forums

Page 1 of 2Next

You will find a bunch of friendly and knowledgeable people here. Enjoy the forum! Check out the links on the Home Page for Books, Dealers, Manufacturers and Distributors and of course find local contact info on The Map. This website is paid for by USCA membership dues. Support Sidecaring and this site. Become a member. Your membership entitles you to patches, pins, discounts at rallies, and a great bimonthly magazine/newsletter delivered to your home. Let the Sidecar world into your life! Sign up; help out. You'll be glad you did!" 

Hi There!

I'm new to your forum, one of your members suggested that I join to inform you of a special sidecar tour in Greece. My name is Chris, and I'm the founder of the Greek Travel Gurus, https://www.greektravelgurus.com/

We've put together a very special planned itinerary for 2019, the "Greece Sidecar Adventure"

https://www.greektravelgurus.com/greeksidecaradventure  and we'd like to put the word out to your members.

Which specific topic should I put the information on?

Thank you

Chris

Thanks for have me. I'm new here but not new to riding and believe it or not, I even pulled a hack for 2 years. Back in the 70's. Sorry if is post is in wrong place.

I started looking for another chair as the knees are getting bad. I'll make a lot of mistakes and have made many, but I'm not ready to drive cages.

Just bought my 1st Sidecar rig on a whim & rode her home 619 miles. All went fine except for the torrential rains, my inexperience with sidecars, empty car, torrential rains, MadMax traffic, lovebugs, etc. Had 2 inches of water in the car when I arrived (prolly helped with stability). Remind me to drill some drain holes! The mint condition 2002 Moto Guzzi California EV80 /Velorex rig with 18k miles ran flawlessly and was forgiving my on the job training. Didn't run over any bystanders, and didn't hear any "screaming." I'm now hooked and looking forward to years of pleasurable hacking I'm in Jupiter, Florida. Wife says "I'm not getting in that thing..." So, I have some work to do there.....

Deleted user has reacted to this post.
Deleted user

I had the Honda copy of the goose. CX500, the BMW wearing a push up bra. 😉 MG must be doing something right, to be copied. That bike was bullet proof.

I also have a Velorex sidecar. I've modified it pretty extensively, so if you want some non-expert plebian opinion of something, without bothering the guys who actually know what they're doing... Lol I've taken every bolt out of mine and put a lot of them back differently. Just got it back on the road (sort of, still tweaking and tightening). My lady seems to be all right with the idea in theory, but has reservations about fitting inside (she's 6'4").

Thanks Jeff. When I asked the seller how to access the "trunk" area, he said he didn't know there was anything as such. Seemed odd to have all that space wasted. I checked Vel. web site for my model 565 & saw a pic of folks stuffing the trunk. When I removed the carpet to dry it I found 2 keys under there along with the cheesy lock mechanism to access the roomy "trunk," Which was now full of rainwater! Thought I'd drill a couple of 1/4" holes, angled aftward, to try to prevent flooding. Whattaya think?

Check how it's leveled when empty. Obviously must be toward the trunk or you would have seen water in the front. Drill in the lowest spot (duh). Anyhow, just don't drill them close enough to affect structural integrity. Drill with a small bit so you got a center, and use the final size from both sides so you don't get raggedy holes. I see no problems, the fiberglass is around an inch thick. Vacuum the dust, fiberglass is itchy and it'll blow all over in the wind.

I forgot some models had that weird under seat trunk latch. I'm working on a lock for mine, but the 562 I'm just doing a cam lock on the top of the tub behind the seat back. Probably need to fab either a latch plate for the lock side, or a catch for the seat side. I found an auto door catch, it's beefy and I think it'll go on the seat.

I am a new member. I live in Houston. I just shipped my R1250RT to DMC Sidecars for an install. The Expedition Sidecar.

Right now there is a 5-month lead time on their builds.  I used HAULBIKES dot com for shipping. I sure like the driver they sent. The drivers are all motorcycle people.  

Welcome aboard Scott

sounds like you have put your new rig in good hands. Is this going to be your first rig. just because you are waiting for it to be built don't be a stranger

jump in and get to know the crew here.

USCA # 8913

Jeff_Online, you have me picturing in my mind a beautiful, 6'4" Amazon-like woman.  I hope she likes the sidecar.  You will soon learn if it is too small for her.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the introduction section?

I am a newbie and still on the process getting myself to be familiar with the different categories in this community.

I work for an online shop called petstreetmall, feel free to message me if you are looking for dog crates, litter box enclosures, pet bed, and more.

Have a 65 FLH that I am attaching a 59 set up to...

The day I brought I brought it home from Dixon several years back. Needs some work (especially the tub) but it is mostly there.

It will eventually get connected to this...

Owned the bike since October 1970 ( my coming home gift to myself). Rode it pretty much stripped dpwn to the bare essentials. It is now getting a proper finish. Added the adjustable front end and a 3 spd + R tranny to it as well. Won't be fast but should be a great rider.

Looking good .  I've have one I'am doing over for a guy that bought it in 1970. It sat in his garage for in last twenty some years and rotted sitting there. Basically just about ever thing getting replaced.

Not sure what you need (or if I have it) but I will have some extra parts from this project. I am out in Caliofornia.

If you like you can email me hd65flh@att.net

Dave

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

I appreciate the offer. It's being a long project being done in my spare time. I think I have ever thing I need a have to do some of the custom parts over, the bike itself is basically all stock. If I get a chance I will post some pictures.

Just joined, thanks for having me! Quick bio... 70 years young, been riding 50+ years, just got a pristine 2007 H-D Ultra factory rig, been looking for years! Still ride my two wheelers a lot but am loving the hack! gaining more experience on it each time out, slow and safe. reside in Butler, PA about 35 miles north of Pittsburgh. Looking for a 2007 HD side car manual, only thing didn't come with the rig. Name is John but Tag works too!

CCjon

John    Congratulations on you new rig to you. This is not a hopping site but there is still a lot of good info. Your best bet for a manual would be Ebay but watch yourself. In the mean time I will take a like and see if I have a spare one. Which manual you looking for the owners which is the small one or the service manual the big one. If its the service manual a Harley Dealer might still be ably to get you one. In the mean time I check for the parts #'s for the manuals in the next week. Again enjoy your rig.

CCjon

This is what makes the USCA such a great group, riders helping riders.  Thanks for doing that guys.

Hope to meet you in Mena, Arkansas at the National Rally, first weekend in June

thanks for the welcome!  I just recently bought a 2018 Harley Davidson Road King FLHR and I plan to add a SideCar.  I have a son who is mentally handicapped and I wish to share the experience of riding with him.  From what I have read so far this is A much more complicated endeavor than I had anticipated.  I am only more determined to accomplish my goal!  I will be sure to join soon.  I was hoping for some advice on the purchase and installation.  I would like someone close but I am also looking for a high quality sidecar and proper bike modifications.  I am currently looking at Champion out of Sacramento and Liberty out of Seattle.  The liberty looks much nicer to me.  The Champion modal was Recommended by The dealer.  But if anyone can give me some advice I sure would appreciate it!  Thanks

Good morning Ronald and welcome.

Liberty is no longer making sidecars. You could check out DMC though. Good luck with your project and here's to many adventures shared with your son!!

Page 1 of 2Next