Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

We get mail...

We occasionally get mail that is just... well, hard to answer.  Like this from Eduardo Zapata

Subject: modelos para la venta       [I looked it up.  It means "models for sale"]

Message Body:

hi, i need some information about somer model for a heritage softail 1997, im from Iquique, chile.

Greetings

I am definitely not the guy to ask about Harleys. Anyone want to start a conversation with Chile?

--

Here's another. If anyone wants to do this feel free...

Subject: Which side car is this

Please contact me directly. I have a friend with a side car that looks similar to a Swallow Sidecar Model 7A, but we are not sure. If you see a photo of what he has, maybe you will recognize it.

Steve
Denver, Colorado
USA

Why do I feel like it is spam? 

Alex,

I can't vouch for the sender. But, if it is spam the guy is really bad at it because he sent it to our contact mailbox so only one person would ever see it.  It is unusual that folks who we have never heard of consider us a public resource.  We've even received mail from folks who sent angry emails if we didn't answer their questions to their satisfaction.

These are now being posted so that folks who want to help, can help.  If anyone feels that they can help one of these writers, go ahead.

New Mail

Subject: Stieb LS200 restoration

Message Body:

Looking for someone in Arizona to restore above sidecar. I've restored the bike, a BMW R50/2, at my shop, Quality Cycle Service, in Tonto Basin, AZ., and really don't have the room, or sidecar experience, to do a restoration-quality job. Anybody out there? Dave, 480-338-7605