USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Vintage Photographs

Yes there are some fantastic old pictures there, Check out riding vintage the link is at the top of this thread. Dot and her husband Earl both competed in the Jack

pine derby enduro races in Michigan she won many sidecar class races.

Dot and her husband Earl also in later years opened and operated Robinsons Harley Harleydavidson in Detroit Michigan for many years.

Dot's last sidecar rig was and I still believe is in the AMA museum it's a pink and grey HD ultra classic with a Hannigan sidecar

When Dot s mother went in to labor with her she was taken to the hospital in her husband s sidecar.

Dot s last motorcycle.
 photo dotrobinson1_zps78043e8e.jpg

Only know film footage of board track racing 1920. It says in Daytona but Daytona never had a board track. To me a must see. They even have sidecar racing.

46u - 7/25/2013 7:54 PM

When Dot s mother went in to labor with her she was taken to the hospital in her husband s sidecar.

Dot s last motorcycle.
 photo dotrobinson1_zps78043e8e.jpg

Saw that pink sidecar rig on display at the AMA museum near Columbus, Ohio, some years ago.

Way back in the day:

They say that a picture can say a thousand words and some of these tell so many stories. Ever since my old friend the late "Chang told me about the day's just after WW! I've always had a thing for those sidecar rigs from that time in history. My family came later and liked the bikes and sidecars from the late 1920's. and 30's so I never had a chance to learn about the early sidecars first hand.

These are just a few that I have found on the internet and each picture is interesting.

Back in the day this would have been the least expensive way to get around. Looks like the entire family is on board for an outing. I bet this man was a hard working guy and a good provider for his family.

photo sidecar105_zps8fc50dab.jpg

A Sunday afternoon outing all dressed up in their finery's. Even the sidecar and bike was cleaned up for the day. Not even dirt in the tire treads.

photo sidecar1200_zps1de0c788.jpg

I bet this was just after WWI. Some of the men are still in their uniforms. I've been told that some of the "Dough boy's" didn't even have cloths when they came home from the war. They may have picked up their surplus sidecar rigs like Chang did.

photo sidecar1920a_zpsa59b975a.jpg

This "Doll" would have fit right in at our shop in a different time in history.

photo sidecargirlsidecar_zps8fcbeeb0.png

Possibly a family portrait.

photo PrestenPederBjreksethSnertingedal1917-30_zps793d37b6.jpg

Looks like the rain wasn't about to slow them down. Note the sidecar wheel and the extended axle. I found many pictures from the old days with the same set up. If the sidecar's going to lift up then move the "moment" and it works. If a guy wasn't watching out he could mow down a mailbox or two.

photo phil006_zpse5987ae5.jpg

From what I read one time this gentleman was a former Dough boy that lost his legs and half of his left arm. He had this custom rig built and drove around the country with his dog. I had already built the Larry Dodson rig before I saw this picture. It's funny how eighty years earlier someone built what I thought was unique and in the end my rig wasn't with something similar running around the country before I was even thought of.

photo 555524_274462449326528_606165051_n_zpseef18200.jpg

This would have been very early with the wicker body. Even the little one had her own goggles.

photo 1910-marsh-metz-829x570_zps3464d4cb.jpg

This could have been my old friend the late Chang back in the day just after WWI. Even when this former soldier was having his picture taken he stood at attention, heals together, tows spread, and hands tucked. You can tell he was proud flying the flag and didn't have to worry about being politically correct and offending someone.

photo Harley-and-Sidecar1920s_zps76fbb849.jpg

It was fun looking at a different time in history,

Johnny Sweet

Circuit Rider - 7/26/2013 7:44 PM

46u - 7/25/2013 7:54 PM When Dot s mother went in to labor with her she was taken to the hospital in her husband s sidecar. Dot s last motorcycle.  photo dotrobinson1_zps78043e8e.jpg

Saw that pink sidecar rig on display at the AMA museum near Columbus, Ohio, some years ago.

Photo of my daughter with Dot Robinsons rig taken in 2000 on our way to the first USCA Lexington rally

Attached files

A few more just for fun.

photo sidecar106_zpsea1ad5fd.jpg

photo sidecar108a_zps7b550953.jpg

photo sidecar140_zps9e733f55.jpg

photo sidecar141_zps6a130d5b.jpg

photo Sidecarearly_zps77225a2a.jpg

Thanks Swamp Fox these are nice!

A few more pictures from a long lost time.

This was the parking area at a hill climb in April of 1917.

photo _1aMotorcycle-hill-climb-April-27-1919_zps74f5eeae.jpg

photo SidecarsVintageLadies_zpsaf7693a8.jpg

photo TransportiNord_zpsfdcf2da4.jpg

photo sidecar188_zps870708bf.jpg

photo sidecar185_zps644960f5.jpg

Another Sunday outing.

photo sidecarnewcastel_zpsaf891e97.jpg

How many of you adventurists would ride on this rig?

photo sidecarearlya_zps0cf96ead.jpg

Winter riding with good old American know how

Attached files