Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

velorex 562e

I have a 1980 velorex 562e my wife now need a electric scotor to get around the one she using is about 2x3 feet at the base and wieght about 100lbs I plan to make a steel platform and mount it inbetween frame and body sticking out the back will wieght about 100-150 lbs Iknow i might upgraid the shock i have stiffen the swingarm and put a 1 inch axel and upgraided all struts from 25mmto1 1/4 will i have to do anything to frame? getting a bigger sidecar is out of question any input would be helpful

You didn't mention what tug you are using. Some bikes won't handle this type of arrangement.
If you plan to have your wife in the sidecar and the scooter platform cantilevered from the rear, it sounds like it will be an unstable rig that the stock Velorex mounts won't handle well, even with the stronger shock
The 562 seating position places most of the passenger weight about even with the sidecar axle. With the heavy tailgate load I think you will end up with a very unbalanced sidehack rig.
In my opinion a longer framed rig with a better front/rear weight ratio is in order for a safe handling outfit.

Lonnie