USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Velorex 562 fender mounting

I have a 2003 Velorex 562 sidecar that I am repairing/ repainting. I am in the process of putting the fender back on and I don't remember it being bolted to the sidecar body. But on the parts diagram it looks closest to the mudguard B fender and it shows that it should be . But with  the rubber body moldings there is a space between the fender and body. And when I refinished the fender you could see a wear mark on the fender where the rubber rubbed paint  and fiberglass away. If I should bolt them together should I make a spacer for a better fit?. Thanks  John

My 563 witch is the same rig the fender is not bolted to the body. If you give me a day or so I can provide pictures for you.

100_2283

Thanks for the reply. That does look the same as mine. I don't know how old your rig is but I don't see any wear on the fender. Mine had paint wore off and was wearing away the fiberglass on the inner (tub side) fender. That is why I am wondering if it should be bolted a little more solid.So it doesn't rub on the body molding.

Never know it may have been lose.  Check for any wear in axle bushing Ect.  Mine is a 2014 build , but they don't change them much. The only difference in 563 and 562 is a slightly heavier frame and chrome bumper on front. they are a budget car so making changes to fit your needs is common. Mine has a lot of mines on it . It now has a car tire on the sidecar also