Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Value of my sidecar

I recently purchased a 1967 Honda 450 with sidecar attached. I am interested to sell the sidecar (complete with all attaching parts) but I have no idea what is the value to ask for the unit. Previous owner bought it from original owner who bought the bike and installed the 'car as his daily driver. (Arizona origin.) I estimate the 'car is a 1967 or 1968 manufacture. Brand is "Spirit". Color is white, material appears to be fiberglass. Has a spoke-wheel, wheelbearing seems very free. Fender has tail/stoplight. Bike and 'car were stored for approx last 20 years, and shows little wear, though I'd suggest that the tire is probably rotten by now. I rode the bike before I bought it; sidecar tracks well, no wobble, attachment was solid (jeez, BIG THICK bolts!). Current location: northwest suburb of Chicago. Any advice on pricing for eBay? Or other suggestions for selling the 'car?
Thanks, ---Bryan O'Shaughnessy

There were two Manufacturers of "Spirit" sidecars. Spirit Eagle and Spirit of America. Both went out of production in 1984 (along with many other manufacturers, due to government safety regulations). The current book retail value of either model is under $200.00.

But, at the same time, you'll see them advertised and sold for 3 or 4 times that much if they're in good shape. Figure out what you'd like to get out of it and post an ad here. If it doesn't sell in a reasonable length of time, try ebay. Sidecars seem to go highest on ebay in April, May, and June, then again in fall when we're thinking about winter projects. BTW, the ones that seem to do the best are the ads with a photo attached and a price. It doesn't cost anything to try.