Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

USCA Rally 2022 location and dates?

Page 1 of 3Next

Does anyone know if a location has been chosen for the 2022 rally? Also has location been chosen yet? Just trying to plan ahead! Thanks 

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

Not ready to announce dates and location, they are working on nailing down the details first. Hope to announce by Labor Day. 

Thanks CC.  We met at Sidecars in the Smokies. You were the only one who traveled further than we did to the rally. I have Just 1 other question. Will it be on the East coast? Thanks again  for all your work.

Yes, I remember. Am signed up for next years Sidecars in the Smokies. You?

The Southeast Region will be next year's USCA rally host. The people there are working on finding an acceptable rally venue for us. USCA has a rally site requirements list that details what amenities our group wants and needs. Finding a venue for a group our size is not easy. Like Goldilocks, it's finding a place that is the right size with the right amenities. Many venues are for much larger gatherings and others for large families.  We fall in between those groups.

We are also seeing inflation pushing the facilities rent much higher than what we are accustomed to paying.

Bob and Dan are working diligently on contracting a rally site for us. If anyone has a suggestion for a good sidecar rally site in the southeast for 200 attendees, pass that info on to Bob Davis, Southeast Regional Director.

I am interested in getting a copy of a picture from the National rally that was posted in the latest magazine.  I'm not sure where or how to request this so am putting the information here.  I would like a copy, if possible, of the middle, left picture on page 9; it is from the 'sidecar rodeo' of us (Frank & Kaye Rogers).  Thanks in advance for any information on how to do this.

Is this the photo you're looking for? If you need it sent directly let me know, I can email it.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
rogersfr has reacted to this post.
rogersfr

Thanks CC. Haven’t made a final decision on Sidecars in the Smokies yet. We recently moved to OH and are still working on getting settled. I just came back from a road trip to visit with Claude Stanley. It was great to see him again. Ride safe.

Where in Ohio did you move ? I am in Berlin Center about half way between Akron and Youngstown.

There is a Sidecar Gathering Sept  15-19 inWinesburg at Amish Country Campsites on Rt 62.

fly

Quote from Muzzleflash on July 30, 2021, 3:33 pm

Is this the photo you're looking for? If you need it sent directly let me know, I can email it.

Yes, this is the correct photo; I was able to get it from your posting so don't need you to send it to me directly.  Thanks so much.  

Muzzleflash has reacted to this post.
Muzzleflash

One thing we have done when hosting rallies (hosted the national sidecar rally once) is to also team up with another group such that we can afford a larger venue. The trick is finding the right group. We have combined with Moto Guzzi events as like us size wise they fall in the cracks and we have found that the two groups work well together.

On another note, chances are we will be hosting a DMC open house this year where we will provide food, a place to camp, live music, rest rooms but no showers and not a lot else other then great riding and great people. Open to any one interested in sidecars and of course it is all free to the attendees. I will announce dates some time next year.

Jay G
DMC sidecars

Bob Madigan and Dynamick have reacted to this post.
Bob MadiganDynamick
Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

We moved to Ashtabula up on Lake Erie. Beautiful area, great riding. I’m planning to join a ride out of Zanesville OH. It starts on the 10th to the 15th of August.  Unfortunately I have to leave for NC for a family get together and then on to Appomattox for an Horizons Unlimited gathering.  Also plan to ride the Blue Ridge while we’re there. Have a great time at the rally. Really wish I could be there. Will contact you when we get back and maybe get over your way. Ride safe!

Looking forward to 2023 National rally in the North East.  Any Idea where it will be?

Dave

Still waiting for an update from CCJohn regarding location and dates. Anxious to start planning and hoping family weddings don’t interfere again this year.

CCJon and the Board:  If y'all are continuing to have problems locating a Rally site in NC, how about looking somewhere else? Maybe go back to someplace we've been recently that you know worked: Rising Sun, Mena, Hotchkiss; Corning NY; Sturgis all come to mind. There's also good riding in SW Virginia. How about the Fontana area in NC? BMWMOA is able to hold small get togethers there.

Or Iron Mountain in the UP?? Our recent joint mini-rally with BMWRA worked well and you should be able to cut a deal with the Ski Lodge on rooms. Great riding too.

It's getting awfully late in the year for Rally planning

Duncan

2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001

You may want to consider the Ironhorse Motorcycle Campground or the Four H campground in Appomattox Va. The first is the campground where Sidecars in the Smokies holds its annual rally. The second is where Horizons Unlimited holds one of its annual gathering of motorcyclists who travel around the world. Either may be able to accommodate the group. Just a thought.

Chuck,  I've attended Sidecars in the Smokies several times.  When I asked about the possibility of holding the USCA rally there they said that they didn't have capacity for a crowd of our size.  That may have changed now that they expanded.  I love the site and think it would be a great place for the rally.  Games might be an issue but we could work that out.

A prospective location has been submitted.  That is all I have to report. 
Bob Davis

Craig, Thane Lewis and Szkudlarek have reacted to this post.
CraigThane LewisSzkudlarek

Thanks Al, appreciate the response. I don’t really have any other suggestions. Looking forward to the announcement of the location when ready. Tough to find the right place. Don’t envy the job you folks have. Stay safe

Hope we get  news soon. now it takes a long time and lots of work to put on a rally. Lot of thanks to the ones that do all the work.

J.R.

Past sec.

Past Tex.rep.

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

Hope to post up rally dates and location within the week. Things are in the works folks, won't be long now.  

Craig has reacted to this post.
Craig
Page 1 of 3Next