Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

USCA 35th National Rally in Mountain View, Arkansas - June 20-23, 2013

PreviousPage 3 of 7Next

5/1/2013 update: Registrations have been received from AR, CA, CO, LA, PA, TN, MO, IL, VT, ONT, MI, FL, AL, TX, KS, MN and WA. Smile

Note: We have received a few "blank" on-line Registration forms in past few weeks, so if you have sent in an on-line Registration, please email me at sc_director@sidecar.com to confirm our receipt.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Hey, you left CA off the list of attendees! 😉

Thanks for the packet of info for Arkansas. Assume that means we are counted as registered.
Looking forward to a great rally.

Stay sane, all will be well. 🙂

Ride safe, gail

gpers2 - 5/1/2013 6:13 PM
Hey, you left CA off the list of attendees!...

Ooops. Embarassed FIXED!

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

SwampFox - 9/3/2012 7:25 PM

Preliminary schedule as of February 1, 2013 -- subject to change:

June 19th -- Wednesday:

6:00pm:  Early registration at the Eula House on Park Avenue across from American Legion hall

June 20th -- Thursday:

8:00am:  Off-pavement exploring ride

9:00am:  Set-up meeting hall & registration at Fairgrounds

7:00pm:  Stone County Drive-In Theater (included in registration)

June 21st -- Friday:

9:30am:  Small group rides to Blanchard Springs Caverns* (or other sites), Poker Run*** & Lunch

6:30pm:  Ozark Folk Center show**

June 22nd -- Saturday:

8:00am:    Pancake breakfast -- STILL IN PLANNING STAGE

10:00am:  Show & Shine on Courthouse Square with Voting for Peoples Choice***

2:30pm:    Sidecar Games at Fairgrounds

5:30pm:    Awards, Door Prizes & Annual Meeting at Fairgrounds

7:00pm:    Dinner at Fairgrounds -- by the Mountains, Music & Motorcycle Committee

*   Caverns ~$7.50 admission - hopefully available at rally registration

**  Group passes for Park AND Show ~$12.50 - available at rally registration

*** Poker Run & 50/50 Drawing for benefit of the Arkansas Bikers for Children

Hi Lee.
Am wondering if there is an update for the planned and scheduled group rides.
Getting closer and looking forward to being there for the rally.
Jay.

Jay, the general schedule for organized activities is still the same -- at this time, but subject to change.

We do plan to have a message board to post times/leaders for smaller group rides for sightseeing, breakfast, lunch, ice cream, dinner, etc.

There is a Young Pioneers (for children 7-14) hands-on program for crafts and music at the Ozark Folk Center at 11 am, 2 pm and 3:30 pm each day: http://www.ozarkfolkcenter.com/kids/young-pioneers.aspx

Also: Upon entry into the park, each child automatically becomes a member of the Folk Kids' Club. They can pick up materials for a scavenger hunt throughout the park. When they return with a completed card, they will receive a “Folk Kids” button and other special treats!

A sampling of the roads in the area  :

And the Swinging Bridge north of Mountain View can be a real treat  :

Here is another ride just outside of town!, Push mountain road! http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/34/Arkansas/Push-Mountain-Road.html

Just looked at the link -- would be a very exciting road for my wide body!! 🙂

smith8833 - 5/11/2013 5:33 PM
Here is another ride just outside of town!, Push mountain road! http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/34/Arkansas/Push-Mountain-Road.html

I'm thinking a group or 2 or 3 might want to ride Push Mountain Road after visiting Blanchard Springs Caverns.  I'm sure there's a lunch stop or two around Fifty Six, Norfolk and/or Calico Rock. Cool

Fifty Six has a nice country diner! Norfolk has/had a little burger joint owned by bikers!? A few miles north of the north end of 341/push mountain rd. is a convience store with snacks, a few miles north of that is the damn of Norfolk lake! Calico has several places, and a ghost town inside the working town!

And, there is always Jo Jos for catfish on the river. Sometimes good. Sometimes better than good.

SideCar - 5/12/2013 9:00 PM

And, there is always Jo Jos for catfish on the river. Sometimes good. Sometimes better than good.

Do they have some hush puppies to go with that cat fish?

SwampFox - 5/11/2013 12:17 PM

A sampling of the roads in the area  :

And the Swinging Bridge north of Mountain View can be a real treat  :

O boy...looking forward to visiting Mountain View...seems very peaceful and serene...very pleasant riding and environment...unlike here in Chicago...dodging bullets, hearing car stereos that can shake nuts and bolts loose...swerving on streets having a jillion pot holes...if it wasn't for the money I would leave and move...lol lol...can't hardly wait to get to the rally. 🙂 🙂 :O

Jay
Do you live in or near the Windy City?

Hi Mark.
At the north end of the Windy City a shade past downtown...near the Cubs ballpark.
Jay.

Jay
I am just south of Joliet in the the small town of channahon. What's your ride?

Cathy and I did some gravel road scouting last weekend (even had to pull over once to let another Ural go by!)
Found lots of roads that wanted riding at <20mph (but didn't require 2wd).
Looking foward to the rally.
Jim

on2wheels52 - 5/24/2013 8:21 AM

Cathy and I did some gravel road scouting last weekend (even had to pull over once to let another Ural go by!)
Found lots of roads that wanted riding at <20mph (but didn't require 2wd).
Looking foward to the rally.
Jim

Gravel roads are out for me but I am looking forward to run Push mt

"...... I am looking forward to run Push Mt"

It's definitely a great crooked road.
Be aware that 341 is something of a destination for the sport bike guys on weekends (especially the southern part), so be prepared for them zooming past.
Jim

PreviousPage 3 of 7Next