Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

USCA 2010 NATIONAL INFORMATION

MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW

The United Sidecar Association Proudly Presents their 32nd National Sidecar Rally

July 8th to the 11th 2010

At The Champlain Valley Exposition http://www.cvfair.org Located In Essex Junction, Vermont

* For members Pre Reg. Rally Cost $30. After June 1st $35.

* For non members Pre Reg. Rally Cost $35. After June 1st $40.

* Tent Camping @ $9. Per night some sites with electric * RV sites @ $35. Per night includes electric and water

*** The Tent camping and also RV site prices are being extended for Rally participants that wish to come early and also wish to stay later compliments of the For those not wanting to camp below is a list of Motels

*** AREA MOTELS WITHIN 15 MILES OR LESS ***

Handy Suites Essex 802-872-5200

Inn at Essex 802-878-1100

Days Inn 802-655-0900

Ho Hum Motel 802-862-4551

Ethan Allen Motel 802-863-4573

Quality inn 802-655-1400

Laquinta 802-660-8281

Motel 6 802-654-6860

Highland Park Efficiencies 802-655-0744

* Self guided tours, ride the scenic Vermont countryside

* Ride up to Quebec Canada, New Hampshire or New York

* Saturday there will be a peoples Choice Sidecar Show

* Also on Saturday the famous Sidecar Games

What's the address of the place....for GPS users.

Joel

jrapose - 6/29/2010 9:07 PM What's the address of the place....for GPS users. Joel

Joel the address I have is 105 Pearl Street Essex Junction VT. 05452-0209

Thanks.... I am leaving in the morning....and I am sure anyone in Essex Junction could tell me where it is....but my Zumo wants an address.... Thanks

It's a long ride....but I'll be there on the 8th...

Joel Rapose
Chester California

Joel,

Have a safe trip see you there

Hi Chuck. I am registered and will headed over on the 7. Two wheel friends in the area are asking if day passes are available. Thanks X Ural driver

X Ural Driver

Just Have them come on over

Just to clarify, no fee for day passes. Everyone is welcome to come and look around any day. Fees apply if you are camping, eating, drinking, participating in the games, etc.....

Joyce - 7/4/2010 7:22 AM

Just to clarify, no fee for day passes. Everyone is welcome to come and look around any day. Fees apply if you are camping, eating, drinking, participating in the games, etc.....

Games? Is there a schedule of events I can check out? Planned rides, etc? I know the area pretty well and can help any who are looking for interesting routes, though I tend not to stop so would not be much help rating touristy stuff.

Pete

I know there is a group ride to Ben and Jerry's for a tour and yes Sidecar games on Saturday. Friday is a ride around day and traditionally Sat is full of activities at the campground.

So how do the group rides work? Is the prime reason for the ride to visit the destination and socialize, or is it the ride itself? Is there only one group ride and the rest are self-guided?

B&J is six miles from home for me and okay as a tourist attraction, but one of those been there, done that things for me and is located in a part of Vermont that is about as built up as Vermont gets. I don't mean to knock it, but if I were coming to Vermont I'd be more interested in sweeping curves thru pastoral scenery than busy highways crammed with inattentive drivers.

The Essex Fairgrounds is an easy ride from two of our legendary mountain gaps (The Appalachian Gap and Smugglers' Notch), some great rural swimming holes, some really pretty farm and mountain scenery, the world famous Shelburne Museum, Vermont Teddy Bear Company, and the entire state is full of back roads most tourists never see. Ride a little farther and you have the Presidential Range of NH (including an 8 mile dirt road to the summit of Mount Washington), a circumnavigation of Lake Champlain, the amazing scenery of the Adirondacks, the exciting city of Montreal, etc.

Just my $0.02.

Pete

Wow Pete, I'll bet if you offer to lead a group you will have followers. that's just the way things work at our all volunteer rallies. It is overwhelming for a couple of guys to do everything and still be able to fill in all the blanks like meals, T-shirts, registration, morning coffee etc.

Email sent. I'll help out in any way I can. I live about 30 miles from the rally site and have a truck if needed for hauling stuff.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the input the B&J ride is I hope for a little of both the ride and destination sidecarist generally towards the evening find a ice cream stand to head out to for a cool evening treat so I figured a ride/tour of a ice cream plant would be a bit different although for me being a stainless steel sanitary welder in the dairy/food and beverage industries it may seem more like going to work you living in Stowe I take it that the Ben And Jerrys plant is roughly 30 to 35 miles away?.

The tour is scheduled for 2 pm we need to be there at 1:45 to sign in I was looking for some 2 lane road to travel down,maybe you could point us in a better direction.

As for other destinations for the most part they are self guided or for people like me I tend to wander off ,get lost and find my way back........some how 🙂

Barley still coming?

Chuck,

It depends on how you get there. How's that for an indirect answer to your mileage question?

From the fairgrounds you can reach B&J via the Interstate to Route 100 in 25-30 minutes, or
You can ride on Route 2 which parallels the interstate but puts you closer to the Vermont experience in 45-60 minutes, or
Take 2 to Jonesville then cross over to Duxbury Road which parallels 2 but on the other more scenic side of the river, or...

If you want to spend a couple of hours riding thru scenic curves and over a mountain pass:
Take Route 15 from the fairgrounds north to Jeffersonville, turn right on Route 108 and ride over Smugglers' Notch into Stowe.
I'd recommend stopping in the heart of Stowe village for some of the best ice cream on the planet (little Mom and Pop gourmet creamery at the village green), but with B&J for a destination that sort of defeats the purpose.
108 to Route 100, then right about 8 miles to B&J
Return to the fairgrounds via Route 2 as mentioned above.

On the second route there's also the option of starting out on a well-maintained dirt road that begins with what Vermont has become and ends in what Vermont used to be, before connecting with 104 which you take back to Route 15 and continue as above.

I should plot some of these out for you...

Rte. 108 over Smuglers Notch is quite the road as it twists and turns among house sized boulders at the top of the notch. It is steep and narrow but it is paved. Here is a link about it:

http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/scenic-drive-in-vermont-smugglers-notch-ga.htm

The Stowe Auto Toll Road off of Rte. 108 is open but not to bicycles or motorcycles. I don't what they think of hacks, besides the toll is $25.00, save your money.

Here's a site that has 17 routes listed for central VT:

http://motorcycle-vermont.com/roads/?p=1

I'm looking into a sidecar, but would like to find a rally somewhere in Florida. To be able see different rigs, talk to owners. Any rally in Florida coming up? Someone thought something was going on in Daytona, but could find anything out as to when and where. now ride a '07 Harley FLHTC

Earl, the next Rally in Florida is called the Y'all Come and will be 3/18 to 3/20/2011 at Silver River State Park Ocala, FL. Richard would love to have you there. Send him an email at secretary@sidecar.com

Thanks and will plan to stop.
Other question for all, I was looking at Harley factory TLE units, as I have a '07 FLH. But as I see and been told, no longer an option, and had seen the problems noted with used units and not getting all that is needed to mount. So moved on and have found Liberty and Motorvation with units with a style that in photos I would be happy with.
So now my question to all, what are the plus and minuses of each? just asking not having seen either. I'm here in Florida far from either factory. Ok so maybe it's like asking what is better a Ford or Chevy, so let me hear it

Earl,
Our rally here in Fla is in March all are welcome. For more info follow thw link below my name.