Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Ural riders or sidecarists in South Dakota

I bought a Ural new in 2013 and I have been looking for other sidecar or Ural riders in the eastern half of South Dakota. Haven't had much luck yet. I am wondering if I am the only one around.

Hi Ted:
NO! You are not the only one. The guy who has volunteered to coordinate rides for the rally ride an orange Patrol. He has contacts all over WY and CO who ride Urals. The 2016 rally host live in CO and is working on the Ural group there to come to the Monumental Rally this coming summer. You will have lots of company at the rally if you come.
Have you joined the USCA yet? I don't recall your name on my membership list. You can join at the rally and get a special deal. We would be glad to have you join us at the rally and in the club.

I wish I lived in SD. I"am all alone here in northwest Indiana.

I'm so sorry. I lived in Lafayette for a very short while.

Hi Ted:
The Monumental Rally in June (25-28) has a number of Ural riders already registered to come. Unfortunately they are from all over the country not Mitchell or the surrounding area. BUT - if you come to the rally you will find a great group of sidecarists to hang out with for a few days (and you can join USCA and be a part of the Rally for $69). It is also unfortunate that there are so few sidecarists on my membership list that have s South Dakota address. There are only 9 and 5 are from the Black Hills, one is in Wilmot and one from Sioux Falls. (A second has a Sioux Falls address but is a full time RVer and lives in TX and uses SD as his address of record.) Sorry for the shameless sales pitches - I can't help myself.

gpuchersr - 2/6/2015 7:57 PM

I wish I lived in SD. I"am all alone here in northwest Indiana.

Look around. Many times you can find somebody near by.