Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Update to Carver Trike & US Developments

Carver trike is a Dutch Company that is already in production. You can google "Carver" and there are a number of videos to see. A Los Angeles based company, formerly called "Venture" has renamed to "Persu Mobility"...www.persumobity.com .....they are using the dutch electro-hydraulic system for the back 2 wheels while developing their own 2 person cage and front wheel assembly. Their now calling this vehicle an "auto" rather than a m/c.
Some recent major statements by them are; They are gonna use a hybrid powerplant, it will weigh-out @ 1500 lbs, 20 mile range on total electric, 75 miles/gal on a 6 gal.tank = >400 mile range w/ a 200# driver,accelleration 0-60 in 6 sec.,max speed 100mph.

Attached files

HI Leo,
PERSU MOBILITY SENT OUT A BLANKET MESSAGE TO all interested parties yesterday. I hope that this gets off the ground? I need another toy project for DAYTONA BIKE SHOW. I just need something to play and ride with. Did you place and order?
thanks,
gramps575...........

This is a pretty impressive vehicle. If it has a truly electric only component enabling it to go 20 miles or more, it might just make a few sales in the USA, providing of course they ask a fair price for it.

22,000 British Pounds (around $44,000) is a bit steep for me. Ah, if only I were a millionaire so I could afford such a fun vehicle. Do check out their site at : persumobility.com

Meanwhile,
Back in our sidecar world..........................................

Lonnie

Originally written by jkmolt on 12/10/2008 10:55 AM

22,000 British Pounds (around $44,000) is a bit steep for me. Ah, if only I were a millionaire so I could afford such a fun vehicle. Do check out their site at : persumobility.com

$44K, huh? Cough, cough. Phew. I knew there would be some reason why I wouldn't be buying one. Man, that's still a lot of jack.

$44,000.00? Hmmmm.....my XS650 cost me $1250.00 in 1978, and has long since paid for itself. My sidecar was $1000.00. I get around 45/50 mpg, depending on how fast I want to go.

$44,000.00 will pay for lots of fossil fuel......new technology will no doubt win in the end, and we should remember that the first automobiles were toys of the rich, but for now I believe I'll stick with my bike/sidecar combo, and be happy, even if I have to wear a helmet in the summer...

By comparison, in 1976, I paid $17,500.00 for my house and 3/4 acre. (Yeah, it's worth a bit more now...)

Keeping it in perspective...

Wait......i do NOT know where the 44K came from. My recollection was that figure was the dutch hand-made unit before production took off. The folks in california were shooting for 25K, to be competitive with other new trikes. Perhaps someone closer to calif. has a better handle on projected cost....So....let's assume 25K...buy a 2-3 y.o unit in 2011....14K.....i'd still want a sidecar ....!! I think..!
Leo

Originally written by sidecarLeo on 12/10/2008 4:22 PM

Wait......i do NOT know where the 44K came from. My recollection was that figure was the dutch hand-made unit before production took off. The folks in california were shooting for 25K, to be competitive with other new trikes. Perhaps someone closer to calif. has a better handle on projected cost....So....let's assume 25K...buy a 2-3 y.o unit in 2011....14K.....i'd still want a sidecar ....!! I think..!
Leo

I much prefer the feel of a sidecar rig as it maintains a great deal of the motorcycle feel and experience. The machine looks nice but I'll keep what I have.

If I can't have a real sidecar rig, I want one of these.