Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Typical waiting time ?

Page 1 of 2Next

Hey Gang this maybe too broad of a question but let's try it.
What is a typical waiting time for delivery on a Spyder with no paint?
Thanks to all.

I don't think Can-Am sells Spyders without paint.

I can not speak to the "spyder" Our sidecars depending on the time of the year it can be as little as 3 weeks to as much as 4 months. It also depends on just which of the many sidecars we make you order and what other orders we are working on as we only have one mold for each body and as such can only build one of each at a time so if we have a bunch of orders for say our Tomahawk and only one for the M72 type body then the M72 type would be built sooner then a Tomahawk as we would have to wait for the customers ahead of you for their bodies to be built.
For Sputnik sidecars if we happen to have the mounts on hand it could be as little as a few days just to crate and prep the sidecar. Right now Sputnik shipping is on hold as the wheels we use have been on back order, they shipped to us on the first so we hope to have them today.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

If your talking a motorvation spyder rig my brother ordered his 6/10/14 16 months and still waiting... still cannot get a delivery date.

Yes I am asking about Motorvation Spyder. Orded mine 10/3/2014. Just curious if any one has waited LESS THAN A YEAR ? Both Mary and Luci are very nice to talk to just can not get an answer on delivery. I am not slamming them but it does not seem to me to be unreasonable for at least a ball park estimate.

were any of you purchaser's told how long for delivery BEFORE ya ordered and sent your money in? how do ya put a "eating popcorn&waiting" smiley on here? waiting with baited breath,this should be good, good luck

This is the third car my brother has purchased from motorvation over the years. the first two took 3-4 months he was led to believe it would be the same for the third. I doubt they would sell many if they were up front about how long it takes for them to deliver.

Tom Wyatt - 10/11/2015 4:39 PM

This is the third car my brother has purchased from motorvation over the years. the first two took 3-4 months he was led to believe it would be the same for the third. I doubt they would sell many if they were up front about how long it takes for them to deliver.[/QUOTE

I know it's no consulation, but you gent's ain't alone, check other bike forums, you might be surprised,good luck.

Hey Tom and others who have ordered a Motorvation Spyder could you and others keep us posted on WHEN they actually get delivered ? I am not doing this to slam Motorvation just trying to get a realistic delivery expectation.
Thansks to all.

Anyone get a Motorvation Spyder yet? Still waiting although I've been told next month (crossed Fingers).

My brothers is now at 19 months still cannot confirm delivery date. Good luck

Hey Gang there is light at the end of the tunnel ! The day I left for Daytona Bike week Mary from Motorvation called to verify pinstripe colors.
That light is not a train it is the delivery truck !
IF things work out time-wise hope to be on it at Side-cars in the Smokies. C YA .

Hey Gang rig got here 4/25 to my friends house. Should be done in a couple of weeks. Paint is perfect.

Glad you got your rig, they must not make them according to order date. Brother is now at 22 months and still getting the run around, maybe he will get his before he dies of old age. Have fun.

This thread tells a sad story. When my wife and I bought our Spyder back in 1981, we went to Motorvation when they were still in So. Cal. We met with Jim Sontag (owner) and told him our problem, so he immediately loaded my wife in his Spyder and took her for a demo ride for about 1/2 hour. She was hooked and had no back issues from the ride. We ordered ours and I was actually a bit dismayed that I had to wait two weeks for delivery! While waiting for them to return from the ride I looked around the shop and saw so many Spyder "buckets" and parts and wondered why it would take more than maybe a week to completely put one together. Ours was simply black gel-coated, no painting. Loved that sidecar and still think they are the best. Jim also spent about an hour teaching me all I needed to know about hooking it up to my '76 'Wing. Then he took another 25-30 minutes checking my alignment after I got it together.
Jim and Mary are the best people you could know, and it still bothers me that we lost Jim too soon! Not sure why they are so backed up anymore, but it never happened while Jim was around. Seems like the shop management has failed terribly. If I lived closer I would be over there every day even volunteering where I could to get the line moving.

i recently acquired a nice preowned spyder + having some questions, called Motorvation + a nice lady helped me. i mentioned the delays posted on line + she said the problem is slowly going away, always best to go to the horses mouth!!

Hey Gang up and running ! Now I need a steering damper. Any direct fit kits for a 2001 Harley FLSTS Heritage Springer ? Thanks to all.

a phone call to motorvation for a needed eye screw, part of their mounting bracket. the gentleman said he would get it right out, very helpful considering i only needed a small but essential part, also ordered a detailed install manual.

Hey Gang on the road with my "01 Harley FLSTS and Motorvation Spyder. 🙂
Now I'm looking for direct bolt on steering damper anyone have experience with any for that model?
Thanks to all.

Hi Woody:
Motorvation should have one that will bolt right on. My Formula came with one.

Page 1 of 2Next