Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

TWIN TIRES ON MY FLHTC ?

HAS ANY ONE OUT THERE USED THESE TWIN TIRES FROM DAUNTLESS MOTOR CORP ON THEIR RIGS ? HOW ARE THEY ? IS IT A GOOD RIDE? HANDELING? EXPECTED TREAD LIFE? OR ARE THERE ANY BETTER OPTIONS? HELP! I AM RUNNING OUT OF TREAD FAST. JOE CAPP

Joe,

Just installed them front and back on my FLHS before going to Daytona. After riding over 1300 miles I will say these tires are great! The handeling is much smoother, much less steering effort. I talked to a guy in Oregon who has put over 6000 miles on with no visible wear. They are definatly worth it. Finally got out again this past weekend and really noticed the handling difference with all the hills and turns. So far I haven't found anything as good. I searched for about 3 months before getting them and other than a few poly tires theymake the only good radial.

I'd really like to hear more about these tires, but can't find any information. Could you maybe post a link to some info?

Thanx

here ya go tia
http://www.dauntlessmotors.com/sidecar-tires-wheels.htm

hope it helps

fender

Hi Joe,

I took your advice and installed the Liberty triple trees and they worked great. Thanks for the help.

Last week I also installed three of the Twin Tires on my 2003 FLHTCUI. I know it is hard to believe but the tires did make a big difference in how the bike rides and steers. It has a much smoother ride. They also reduce the steering effort although not nearly as much as the Liberty triple trees. One major improvement is how the bike handles on grooved concrete. The front end does not seem to wonder all over, it’s much more stable. The only down side is that it is much harder to do figure eights while flying the chair. I think this is because the sidewalls are a lot more flexible than the original Dunlop tires.

Jim

HELLO JIM, I THINK WE STUMBLED ON TO THE PERFECT COMBINATION, TWIN TIRES AND LIBERTY RAKED TREE'S. I PUT 1000 MILES ON THE COMBO AND I AM VERY HAPPY.IT IS NOW A PLEASURE TO TOOL AROUND TOWN OR TAKE LONG TRIPS WITH NO FATIGUE OR SORE MUSCLES.KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN !!!! JOE CAPP.