Notifications
Clear all

Triumph Thunderbird Sport/Monza

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@prmurat1)
Topic starter

I've decided that 2 "sports" sidecars was too much for my arms and driving license!

The Tbird has to go!

The Triumph Thunderbird Sport is a 1999 with a lot of work: new Excel rims/spokes (bigger for sidecar use), carbs redone, new air filter box/filter, VFR brake calipers, new coils (problematic on these triples, braided brake lines, XT handlebars, Monza gas filler, rear Lucas tail light/turn signals, recent tires, one year old battery, Pingel petcock, new paint on everything (T150 color), cooling system new but for the radiator, just went for tuning/oil change etc. Watsonian Monza entirely re-done: new fiber glass consolidation, no cracks, metal plate underneath, luggage carrier, new seat with seat belt, new shock, tonneau cover, have a stock windshield not drill to install. Mounting was done by DMC sidecar with a custom made subframe and NO damper. I was thinking of selling the bike separately (about ½ hour to take the rig off)…$10,000.00 or trade for a Goldwing/sidecar or a touring sidecar. Available in AZ (Phoenix burbs).

Scanned by McAfee and confirmed virus-free.

Posted : September 5, 2019 1:15 pm
(@prmurat1)
Topic starter

PM for some more pics....

Posted : September 5, 2019 1:41 pm
(@prmurat1)
Topic starter

Just had the carbs cleaned and adjusted... a rocket!!

Posted : October 15, 2019 1:00 pm