Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Triumph ready???

After waiting 7 (closer to 11) months for my "pal" painter promising me "next week" I finally got some parts ready for the Tbird Sport and the Monza... Color is Aquamarine as in T150, rims have been changes as they were gone, bigger spokes, 3 pistons VFR calipers (was too lasy to sync them with the back as on a VFR...so 3 & 2 pistons!), XT225 handlebars, not really happy how the Lucas rear light looks but as now I am starting to be real tired of this project!!!.... Monza has a new made seat, seat belt, windshield the minute Gustafson gets his act together! I will not link the drum brake to the bike... I am supposed to p-up the car from the painter this Wednesday and live Sunday to deliver the lot to Jay for installation...

Good looking Trumpet!
Yep, looks like the tail light is mounted too low on the fender.

the tub!

Nice! Can't wait to see it fitted out.

....1600 miles return trip in 3 days: bike and Watsonian are now in DMC' hands!!!

Saw your bike and sidecar there yesterday. Sorry we missed you. Rick and I made a 12 hour trip of it... over and back. Of course we're a whole lot closer to begin with...

And here is what it looks like done less the windshield and rear rack as we do not have these to install.
In order to bring the sidecar in tighter we cut off a section of the sidecar frame that would have lined up directly with the mufflers and then mounted it at 5 points using a track rod as the fifth point. We did not use Watsonian's normal lower front attachment point as it goes into a sleeve that is bonded into the fiberglass and as there is a lot of flex in their frames we did not want with the very nice paint on this sidecar to have the fiberglass flex and damage the paint. With the 5 point mount every thing is as solid as possible with the only flex being in the sidecar frame its self as such as with most of our mounts no steering damper was needed. We also made a tonneau cover and fully carpeted it.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Attached files

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

That's purdy!

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300