Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Triumph Bonneville Rig By Dauntless

I am considering a Bonneville/M72 rig by Dauntless, and would like to know how others have found Triumph combinations.

I am 6'1' and 205 lbs, and the seat looks a little low. Would I be able to shift weight comfortably, or should I look for a taller bike such as a Vstrom or Tiger?

Any other observations or recommendations?

Thank you very much in advance.

Dwight

Calling Bob, George & Rudy to the white courtesy phone: 🙂

Sorry, I don't have a pic of Rudy's Triumph America rig.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

I have a 650 Burgman with Kenna sidecar - very good looking, but I find the handling clumsy. I should hope the Triumph would be much better??

Too much car for the 650 Burgman.

For what it's worth, Jena's said her Burgman/Texas rig was difficult to ride smoothly, especially left hand curves, partly due to the narrower handlebars. But she's real happy with it after installing modified triple trees. As fellow sidecarist Carney down in central Lousiana said after a brief ride around block: "It drives better than looks like it should."

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

The Burgman does steer heavy with stock steering as does the Bonneville. Most Bonneville owners go with the new from billet triple tree's we make which lowers the steering effort by reducing trail on teh front of the bike.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
http://www.dmcsidecars.com
866-638-1793
jay@dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

I've got a 03 Bonneville America that I tow a Texas Ranger sidecar and 30 +lbs of ballest. I put a 16 thooth Primary sprocket on and k&n air cleaner, Steeright tree and it all did really well 90 mph +. But I do want to get a Speed Master rear wheel and have it turned down and run a car tire on rear. I had the Ranger on Harley but liked it better on the Triumph, so am putting it back on the Triumph. And just pull my Bunkhouse with the Harley to Sturges and out west next week . Rudy