Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

TRIUMPH AMERICA / VOLOREX 565

My new Velorex 565 arrived a few days ago, got it uncrated and ready to bolt up. Anyone out there done this before with an America? I have only seen one, its obviously from the U. K. because the tub is streetside.

Pix attached

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

John, congratulations on getting your new Velorex. Being a holiday weekend, am sure someone with knowledge and experience will post up advice once they return back home. 

Jan

John Drury has reacted to this post.
John Drury

That is an absolutely beautiful bike!

John Drury
Quote from John Holbrook on July 5, 2021, 9:39 am

That is an absolutely beautiful bike!

Thank you John!

Coming together nicely!

Uploaded files:

We make proper bike specific NOT universal mounts $895, These fit the America and speedmaster only.  For the Velorex I do recommend up grading the sidecars mounting system as out lined at this article.  Sidecar Mounting | DMC Sidecars

Jay G
DMC sidecars

866-638-1793

http://www.dmcsidecars.com

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Jay,

Thanks a lot for the link!

John

Quote from CCjon on July 5, 2021, 9:35 am

John, congratulations on getting your new Velorex. Being a holiday weekend, am sure someone with knowledge and experience will post up advice once they return back home. 

Jan

Thanks much Jan! Pretty excited about this  rig! Its my fourth sidecar outfit but my first one with a Triumph as a tug. Here are a few pix of my  previous rigs, a Honda Ascot with an older California car, a Ural Tourist, and a Honda Rebel 300 with a 563 Velorex.

Uploaded files:
John Holbrook has reacted to this post.
John Holbrook

What year is the America?  I had a 04 put 25000 miles on it.  But I put raked,Chang trail whichever your happy with.  Got the tree changed from a man in wester Canada, I don’t think he dose that any more. Now I’m ridding 2012 Triumph Bon. SE got 20,00 I think, got a greatly modified Indian sidecar.  On it. Rudy

Quote from rudyr on July 9, 2021, 7:34 pm

What year is the America?  I had a 04 put 25000 miles on it.  But I put raked,Chang trail whichever your happy with.  Got the tree changed from a man in wester Canada, I don’t think he dose that any more. Now I’m ridding 2012 Triumph Bon. SE got 20,00 I think, got a greatly modified Indian sidecar.  On it. Rudy

Hi Rudy,

The America is a 2012, when I got it it had 4850 miles on it, still does, I don't want to ride it without the hack, at my age I don't trust my legs anymore to hold it up when stopped. The hack is a 2021 Velorex 563, just got it. I should have it together and aligned, ready to ride by mid week, next week. I will post pix when completed.

I know you enjoy your rig, but the pull to right.  Their way cut it down but not eliminate it unless you Change front end.  with us in USA we use what they call raked tree.  I thank most yual Europe use leading link.  I check on a wasp leading link front end from England.  They sent what measurement to make.  Just got a raked tree a lot cheaper. I have the  raked tree I got fromDMC just don’t need it.  laying in the corner of my shop.  Rudy

Sorry with sidecar on left it will pull to left. Rudy

The rig is now complete, finished wiring the car this morning. This is a great bike/sidecar combination! Really happy with it!

I highly recommend this setup!

Uploaded files:
CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon

Looks good, some my say that it need to be level but others say it can be tilted down in front.  It’s all what works for you.  It looks like the sidecar axel is some where between the bike rear axel and the rear wheel rim that’s good to.  Remember if the rig pulls to the right lean the bike to left.  Top struts give you lean.  Bottom struts give toe in to side car wheelEnjoy.Rudy

Tucker test rode his new rig today, He loves it!

Uploaded files:
SwampFox, CCjon and smitty901 have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjonsmitty901

200 miles on the rig now, got all the bugs out, tracking great!

Uploaded files:
CCjon and redharley have reacted to this post.
CCjonredharley

500 miles on the rig now, and no issues. Added a full size W/S, and some floorboards, really liking thjis rig!

Uploaded files:
CCjon and Fpalbrecht have reacted to this post.
CCjonFpalbrecht

Looking good, sounds like you have it tuned in too. Great job.

If you are looking of a rally yet this year to ride to, check out

https://sidecar.com/forum/topic/northeast-texas-sidecar-gathering-october-8-10-2021/#postid-83074

John Drury