USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Triple trees done, or not?

Does it look like this rig has a raked triple tree? I'm thinking not, but..

Attached files

It doesn't look like it to me, but I may be wrong.

It doesn't look like it to me, either, but I've been wrong before.

It does not look like it has them. We offer 6 degree tree's for $895 We can also install them if you need.
Jay G
DMC sidecars
866-638-1793

Jay G DMC sidecars www.dmcsidecars.com 15616 Carbonado South Prairie RD Buckley WA 98321 866-638-1793 Hours Monday - Thursday 6-4:30

Looks like a no to me too.

Draboo,

It appears that if you get that rig you'll be able to cancel your gym membership. 😉

My guess in no as the wheel looks to close to the bike.

May I ask a question: I believe the 1990 GoldWing with California Sidecar (Companion II, I believe) I just purchased does have the rake modification. Is the GoldWing still reasonably rideable solo with this mod? That is, I have planned to try at least once seeing how hard it is to disconnect the sidecar and use the bike as a regular GoldWing, but want to know going into it if the rake mod is going to make that a poor option.

Thank you,
Phil "Total Sidecar Newbie" Augur

Phil,
No such animal as a Companion II. The Companion is a roadster type sidecar, the Friendship II has integrated fender and opens for passenger entry (examples attached).
Motorcycles with reduced trail are sometimes dangerous to ride as a solo bike. Quick steering that no longer is self centering is one problem, the other can be a nose wiggle up to a tank slapper on some bikes.

Lonnie

Attached files

All the people that make raked trees say for sidecar use only.