USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Trailer Tire Conversion

There are some aftermarket alloy wheels that look good. Wheel offset is important to clear the frame and fender.

I have one of Lonnie's conversion wheels also and at 8000 miles the tire still looks almost new. It may look a little off because of the size, but I'm really not concerned about that at all.

Tom

Tom

I agree. For what I'm saving in time and expense, that wheel is looking better all the time. It does handle nicely also.

Mike

I have two of the conversions in stock.

Lonnie

Lonnie, what all does this conversion entail? I'm assuming a beefier axle stub, so a larger hole must be bored in the swingarm and the axle is pressed in?

No,
I use a proprietary heavy duty swing-arm in my conversion. The OEM swing-arm is too flexible and the shock positioning doesn't allow for adequate leverage to support the heavier motorcycles.

Lonnie

We have done a few of Lonnie's type of conversions and they do well. One of them we put a fender skirt on the stock steel fender and it looked pretty cool. Newer Velorexes have glass fenders and some of the ones made when the steel fenders went out had plastic fenders. Have also converted some of the velorex chairs to 15" auto rims but that is more involved etc etc

Lonnie, can you give me a ballpark figure on the conversion (parts only, owner installed)?
Thanks,
Bob

$300. Check: payable to Lonnie Cook, or $310. PayPal. US shipping included.

I have 2 kits in stock at this time.

Lonnie Cook
10050 Idlewood St.
Boise, ID 83709

PayPal acc't. is: nwsidecar@aol.com

Lonnie, do you have a photo of the conversion parts? What all is included? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere; I'm new to sidecars and this forum.
Bob