Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Trailer for a sidecar rig

Does anyone haul a sidecar rig on a two bike fold up Kendon trailer?

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
CCjon and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
CCjonFlyingMonkeys
2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

Had one of those trailer when I had a Ural. Fit perfect. Since then, the next rigs were too wide, so sold the trailer.

Measure your rig and the trailer carefully before buying. Other than that, they are well-built trailers, should last a long time.

smitty901 and FlyingMonkeys have reacted to this post.
smitty901FlyingMonkeys

Small rigs may fit larger ones will not.

Show us what you are trying to haul.

FlyingMonkeys has reacted to this post.
FlyingMonkeys

Yamaha Venture with a Hannigan

Uploaded files:
FlyingMonkeys
2009 Yamaha Venture with Hannigan Hack 1999 Valkyrie IS 2006 Goldwing 2021 Ram 3500/6.7HO

Will not fit. on the one you posted.

Should fit but even then need measurements.  Also trailer only weight 450 lbs.

Uploaded files:
FlyingMonkeys

@Big Tom, I just recently ordered a new trailer, because my new sidecar rig is W I D E.

When I grow up, I want to be just like @CCJon, Jan Daub, our El Presidente', so I ordered the exact same trailer he has, a Bear Track BTU82120s.

https://beartracktrailers.com/product/82-wide-utility-trailer/

My all-in cost for this trailer, including an extra spare tire & wheel (not the mount...just the spare tire & wheel), was $ 3,800.00

These are surprisingly lower priced than any other ALL ALUMINUM trailers I have searched.

Search the Bear Track website for a dealer close to you......most likely you will have to order this particular one, as most dealers don't stock one, but there are a few around the country, so you might get lucky.

Uploaded files:
Big Tom has reacted to this post.
Big Tom
Two Million Miles, and All 7 Continents

That Bear Track looks like it would fill the bill. Closest dealer is in OK City. I've been looking around Phoenix for an aluminum trailer and no joy so far. I expected to pay around $4K so that trailer is in my ball park. I'll be making some calls.

Thanks for the info.

FlyingMonkeys

@Big Tom, just to give you a tad bit more info, those two aluminum fenders are easily removable....just 4 bolts on each fender, so if it is going to be a tight fit (like my rig will be), then just zip off those fenders quickly, run the sidecar rig up onto the trailer deck, once it is secured in place, then reinstall those two fenders.

I have checked these out in person at the dealer I ordered mine from (In Oregon, despite me living in Washington), and was pleased with the quality.

That rear ramp is a bi-fold. You can order it with a non-folding ramp, but WHY ?

Uploaded files:
smitty901 has reacted to this post.
smitty901
Two Million Miles, and All 7 Continents

My bear tracker

12 feet long inside

82 inches wide

Fender to fender inside 84 inches. I did move one out 3/4 of an inch easy task.

I really like the light weight 450 lbs and the curved ramp . It makes loading any bike or rig easy.

Had it awhile paid in range of just over $3,000 if I remember right. It gets a lot of around the farm and house use also.

Uploaded files:
FlyingMonkeys