Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Tragedy in Sidecar Family

I am posting this to raise awareness of this accident for those who haven't heard about it and may wish to contribute. This happened Saturday July 30th while riding back from the Heindl Engineering rally in Ohio. An excerpt of the post from Soviet Steeds follows :
PostSat Jul 30, 2016 11:59 pm

I'm so sad and devastated to report to our Ural community that today we lost one of our own in a tragic acciden. Daniel Muhs (not sure what Daniels handle on SS is???) and his son, 10 year old Joey were heading back home to Illinois. Traveling with Holly my wife and I as far as Martinsville Indiana. were Holly and I would split off North and head for home. And Daniel and Joey would continue of for home. It happened around 3:45pm today shortly after we left Heindl Engineering's open house. Holly and I were there when it happened and we rendered medical assistance until EMTs arrived and took over. Daniel is in critical condition and undergoing surgery as I type this. Pore little Joey passed away on scene. Joey was such a sweet, happy little boy with an infectious smile. He was his Daddy's side-kick and so excited to be at the Ural gathering

You can follow the thread here and the originator has set up a relief fund.

http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=45061

so sorry to read about this, very tragic, very sad

USCA # 8913

My prayers go out to the family and friends, such a tragedy!

very, very sad, our thoughts and Prayers are out to the Family.

"Sometimes, it is Fun to let them Slowly pass by, then Smile, as they wipe the drewl of their face."

yes, very, very sad ... words are insufficient ... prayers for the Muhs family & friends

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Very sad. Prayers going out to the family and friends J.R.
USCA sec.
Tex. rep

Very sorry to hear. That will a hard one to deal with. Condolences to the family