USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Tough going for some of our own

It is good to see that J.R. and Avanell are both on the mend.  Jane and I missed seeing them last year at one of the rallies, the Sidecars in the Flint Hills Rally as I recall.  I won the award for being the oldest rider present.  That was a shock because I thought others at the rally were older and also because the Lewis' always win that category.  It is only when I look in the mirror that I realize I'm no longer 35.

I did 3 trips to emergency room.then they decided to go to ICU for 2 days then recovery. From there,6 weeks in  re-hab. Been home  2 weeks. Last week kidnuy Dr. released me,normal for age. Next , heart stress test. Get results from that on Friday. Visiting nurse 1 time a week,therapist 2 times a week for a while. I want to thank everyone for calls,mentions in forum and facebook  and  visits.  They were appreciated. Hope to be released soon.  Cardiagolist on Fri. will tell tale of what else needs to be done.  ill keep all notified.  J.R.

New update.  Going in Tue. for hart cathetar to find out what the problem is and fix it.  Thanks again for all the calls,messages and best wishes.  Sounds like they are planning on a stint,but don't know until the get in.  Let all know the results.  J.R.

Good news!  'Spoke with Avanell this afternoon and the doctors have let J.R. off the leash.  He can do normal stuff so long as he takes it easy.  They are free to travel and THEY WILL BE AT THE RALLY IN CdA.  It just wouldn't be the same without them.

Al Olme Minneapolis, Minnesota

Our Prayers, get well soon.

"Sometimes, it is Fun to let them Slowly pass by, then Smile, as they wipe the drewl of their face."