Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Took Sidecar off

But for good reason and it will go back on.

The Road Glide limited 114 tugs the twin Classic well no issues with power . I had concerns with some noise in CAM chest and knowing HD lifters are pretty much junk. Decide to look at it. Then the comes the idea ,well if you are going to open it why not......

By the time the mind stopped wandering. Woods 22X Torque CAM,S&S adjustable push rods. S&S Precision lifters and Fuel Moto 2-1-2 jack pot header with Torque cone.  I already had FM jack pot mufflers on it and an S&S Stealth Air cleaner in a box waiting. Dynojet tuner already on the bike. Fuel Moto supplied a MAP for the parts and away we go.

Stock 80HP and 108 Torque. Now 114HP and 125 torque. My goal was not HP related . I wanted Torque that came on at low RPM and flattened out steady across the ranges I run. it delivers fresh Torque soon as the clutch is out from 2100 to faster than I want to go it stays . at 2,300 RPM's Torque is almost at the peak it holds to the end.

Of course the sidecar is going back on.  I am going to play with it a bit long as the snow holds off.

Wow sounds like you made some healthy improvements there. 

USCA # 8913
Quote from AJ1500 on November 21, 2021, 8:48 am

Wow sounds like you made some healthy improvements there. 

Oh yes. Some times we do things just because we can.

I may need to adjust the sensitivity Of the TBW  . The torque is right now. And as we know with a sidecar smooth is better in most things.

I could see a left turn from a stop resulting in use more than your lane.

Quote from smitty901 on November 20, 2021, 9:39 am

...well if you are going to open it why not......

Yep, a lot of projects start that way.

... delivers fresh Torque soon as the clutch is out from 2100 to faster than I want to go....

Nice.  1st time I rode a motorcycle with similar torque delivery I near'bout ran in the ditch across the road when I engaged the clutch.  Let us know how it drives.

smitty901 has reacted to this post.
smitty901
Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

You should of went with the XE cam, your torque would of being higher. But still looks good.   

22XE was on the list. After going over the 3 cams top on the list Fuel Moto and I agreed in my RPM range and the exhaust I wanted the 22X was a better option.  The S&S 475 also a good option but was better for a two wheeled bike than the rig.

If I had gone with a long Highend 2-1 exhaust the 22XE may have own out.

The other thing  that work good for torque were you need it is the stock head pipe un filter with the stock mufflers. you end up with good torque good tone and not to loud especially under a load, unless you into loud pipes. 

Quote from 2FLTC on November 23, 2021, 8:15 am

The other thing  that work good for torque were you need it is the stock head pipe un filter with the stock mufflers. you end up with good torque good tone and not to loud especially under a load, unless you into loud pipes. 

The Fuel Moto jack pot 2-1-2 header with the power cone has proven effective for those that do not want 2-1.

I do not like loud. The Jackpot Mufflers work well with the 2-1-2 header and keep the torque where it should be.

The Stealth AC with cover adapter flows 38% more air and allows the use of the stock cover.

AC with out the adapter on yet and with stock AC back on.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

In the power range you are in the stock un filter head pipe work just as good  and sometimes better the the aftermarket head pipes. I just got done with one that the guy spent a lot more them he should have. The other thing I would do is put a external breather for the air cleaner to keep the oil mist off the exhaust and side of the bike. That is common with the open air cleaners especially with the extra load pulling the hack. Not to confuse anyone Jammie has good stuff and it works.  

I have not had any oil filter oil issues with either M8. But I am aware some do. I had things to do today and there was no reason not to ride so I did. It was a great chance to really play with it. Fuel mileage was outstanding. I am very happy with it.  I will have to remind myself self control is required on the throttle . Power is effortless with it.

Not sure when I will put sidecar back on. Winter is here and Payton will not be riding this season due to surgery . I have the Black one to ride if I wish. May just run the RGL in bike room and fiddle with it all winter.

Living a short distance from Fuel Moto. They are a go to place for me. I am aware of how good they are.

Plan was to get out and play with it some more today. Forecast was mid 20's wind no Snow. Well we got High 20's -30 and snow.

Had the gear laid out and bike facing out. Locked the door shut off the lights.

Thane Lewis has reacted to this post.
Thane Lewis

Which tire are you running on the back.

With out sidecar the factory 18 inch 180 tire. When I  figured out the 16 inch wheel and 195/65R16  would match prefect I purchased the wheel and tire set it up with rotor so a 30 minute swap out was easy.

The American elite 180 on two wheels give me 20-22,000 miles that is plenty for me .

In less than an hour sidecar off and factory tire is installed,