Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Tires

Howdy, I have a KZ1000e1 with a Friendship chair. The Kawasaki is in need of a pair of tires and I saw these Duro tires on eBay and the prices are great, they do take a tube (not so great) and have sizes that will fit the Kawasaki. Has anybody used these tires or know of anybody who did and what the report on them is? Are they decent for the price, any price tire I use doesn't last very long so I figure what can I loose? I very seldom get over 85 mph so I dont need high speed rubber.The profile is good also.
Here is a link to one of the tires for the front FYI.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Duro-HF308-Front-Rear-3-25-19-Motorcycle-Tire-25-30819-325B-TT/391117772516?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
MotoMel ?? 🙂

That's a standard tire for URAL use. Rated for the sidecar load, flat profile, not sure about speed rating. URAL and speed don't fit in the same sentence.

Your front tire should last two to three times as long as the rear tire. If wearing out faster than that, the alignment needs to be checked.

Have you looked into going to the darkside for the rear tire? Here is the link to that site: http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

I rode a Dnepr for a few years so I know about speed. I looked into auto tires but with the shaft on the Kaw, I cant fit one. I was just looking to fiondout if the Duro308 is a good tire, quality wise.
Thanks

Have you taken a close look at the valve stem holes in your front and back rims? Because they need to be big enough to take a tube stem after you cut off the tubeless stems. If not, you may have to do some machining to get the tube stems to fit. Once you do that, it might be impossible to ever convert them back to tubeless rims.

What other tires have you tried? Have you tried a Shinko 240 Classic? It's tubeless, nice profile, cheap.

Attached files

Adan Ve has reacted to this post.
Adan Ve

Motomensch, we've mounted a Duro HF308 19" with tube with Ride-On goo on the front of our R1100GS rig. The HF308 is working well so far, but its only seen 800 miles or so, all less than 65mph.

DRONE, thanks for posted the Shinko E240 19" tubeless. I was unaware of this size for the E240.

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Thanks guys, I have used Shinko tires and was happy with them but was unaware of that profile. I think I'll look into it. I had wondered about tube valve stem sizes compared to the tubeless stems.