Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Time for a ride

5 days and down the road. Had to shorten it a few days but 17 days is still a good ride. Most of our trips have no purpose other than go. This time we have some people to visit. Few place to see again.

Clarksville TN, Valdosta GA, Palm Coast FL. spend some time visiting and riding the area. Savannah GA. Visit Glynco GA.  Spartanburg SC kill a day , Gatlinburg TN .  Spend time riding a place we love to ride. Bloomington IL then back to WI.  I have not been back to Glynco GA in 49 years. I need to see the place one more time. The base is no longer there.

Rig is inspected and ready to roll.  Put new sidecar tire on.  Wife started packing already. I can pack and be out the door in 15 minutes. If  we get the chance we will cut out a day early and take the long way to Clarksville TN. Parts of the trip have short distances for the day so we can detour if we want to. And I know we will.

All lodging has been taken care of well in advance. I did add a fair amount to the fuel part of the budget. This trip was setup last year and things have changed a bit.

1bmwmc, CCjon and Thane Lewis have reacted to this post.
1bmwmcCCjonThane Lewis

If you have time when in the Savannah area maybe we could meet up for lunch/Dinner or just a cup of coffee. 

CCjon has reacted to this post.
CCjon
USCA # 8913
Quote from AceinSav on May 6, 2022, 10:04 am

If you have time when in the Savannah area maybe we could meet up for lunch/Dinner or just a cup of coffee. 

As trip progress I will post when we will be there.  Check in Savannah midday the 18th. leave the next day but only a 250 mile ride to make that day so we have a lot of time.

1bmwmc and CCjon have reacted to this post.
1bmwmcCCjon

Day 1 was 627.5 mile to Clarksville TN. A great ride. Day two 525 miles to Valdosta GA another great day. Day 3 was only 200 miles. But it took us about 320 to get there . Went off on a different route. In Ormond Beach FL staying on the beach.

1bmwmc and CCjon have reacted to this post.
1bmwmcCCjon

glad to hear the trip is going good, did you get caught in any of the bad weather we had in the area yesterday 

USCA # 8913

We have had no bad weather. Missed it all. Even the heat was not bad. Decided to ride through Atlanta. I knew better but did it anyway.

That is one messed up city. 

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.
SwampFox, 1bmwmc and CCjon have reacted to this post.
SwampFox1bmwmcCCjon

Today was a couple hundred  miles of riding to and from with an Air boat ride thrown in.  Stopped at Midway  near Titusville FL for the air boat ride.

Hit some rain drops and killed a bunch of love bugs.

Uploaded files:
bentleyssq and CCjon have reacted to this post.
bentleyssqCCjon

nice shot of the sunset, weather heading back this direction looks good, only chance of rain around here is for Tue. late afternoon to evening. 

bentleyssq has reacted to this post.
bentleyssq
USCA # 8913

Last nights full moon before it hidden behind clouds

Uploaded files:
SwampFox and CCjon have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjon

nice, I tried to see it but it stayed hidden behind the clouds here 

I wanted to try out my new toy and get a few pics of it, what did you take that shop with 

CCjon
USCA # 8913

NIkon B500 40X 3/4 zoom auto focus. I could not get the eclipse due to cloud cover that moved in.

CCjon

Had the pleasure of meeting up with ACE and his wife last night in Savannah GA.  We enjoyed a great meal and conversation.

Uploaded files:
1bmwmc, CCjon and Thane Lewis have reacted to this post.
1bmwmcCCjonThane Lewis

Woke up to forecast of Mountain  Thunderstorms in the afternoon. We took a ride out New found Gap to just short o Cherokee NC. dodged a few storms hung up on the mountain . Turned back. When to lunch in Pigeon Forge Then back to Gathlinburg just as the rain was starting.

On our way back we did have a close encounter with an Elk. We of course slowed to a stop and granted it the right of way.

1bmwmc, CCjon and AceinSav have reacted to this post.
1bmwmcCCjonAceinSav

Bob, please do a write up of your trip, with photos, for the Sidecarist. Many of our members will never see your photos and story here. They prefer reading a printed page.

Jan

I will try. I was an 11B they never paid me for writing

CCjon and James Bagley have reacted to this post.
CCjonJames Bagley

2 days and a wake up. Only a 780 mile ride home so we going 580 on 27th then a short 200 home the 28th.

We have been taking it easy last couple days. My shoulder is taking a beating. Day after we get home I have preop physical and June 2nd they operate on my shoulder.  Get that out of the way finally.

Up until just before the trip the sidecar was off so I could do a few things with the bike. Then at darn near the last minute put it back on and the changed the rear bike tire back to the car tire. Also put a new car tire on the sidecar. Not the way I like to do things just before a trip.  Seems everything worked as it should.

Fuel mileage was with in expected range. Large rig 2 up and loaded . On days when we needed to cover some miles 31-33 mpg. A little more laid back days 34 to 35 mpg. And just enjoying the ride on Blue ridge parkway sticking to the speed limit we were at  40-42 mpg for the day.

51 years riding motorcycles legal on the street. I am hoping for another 10 at least.  So Payton can ride it looks like most of the future will be with the sidecars.

SwampFox and CCjon have reacted to this post.
SwampFoxCCjon

Smitty  you should have more then ten years. I had two guys stop be in the last month both in there early 90's one on a 76 BMW and the other one on a 67 FLH and they keep putting on miles with no plans of not riding any more.

CCjon and smitty901 have reacted to this post.
CCjonsmitty901

Outside our door yesterday. Not uncommon to encounter a bear around here.

Uploaded files:
SwampFox has reacted to this post.
SwampFox

great shot, reminds me of the last time we were in Gatlinburg we were coming down from the cabin we were staying in and in the driveway of some ones house was a big black bear just sitting there holding their garbage can and going through it looking for food 

smitty901 has reacted to this post.
smitty901
USCA # 8913

They opened a J&P Cycles store front in Pigeon Forge. Well worth checking out if you are in the area. Left some cash there on a new riding two suit .

With removable Liners water and Thermal .  Well worth what was paid.

Uploaded files: