USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Thomas on his walk North

I'm reading an excellent book by a lady from Haines right now. "If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name" by Heather Linde. They own the hardware store there and she works for the newspaper. A fine, fine read!!

Tom Wells aka Reardan Tom

got it. we are having breakfast in Tok, Alaska.
tough jumpy roads in yukon,though. you cannot get lost. main road and thats it.
Thomas and Sven

The adventure of a lifetime!!

Tom Wells aka Reardan Tom

today in the morning after filling up gas we left tok like in a mechanical reaction afte 22km straight( absolutly straight) whe we started up hill Thomas shouted stop we are wrong
in deed we headed west in stead of south
all back and again 22km straight before the first bend came.
all day long until Palmer we discovered one landscape more impresive then the other.
to me most admirable was the former river crossing east of gakona. to make that with a waggon pulled by horses through this wild river is hair rising. one thing is to have seen the films and read the books of Jack London. a totaly other story is to travel through these vast landscapes without people. Thomas just jokes. there seem to be more tourists then habitants. roads are "crowded" with campers and motorcyclists.

Attached files

palmer alaska a new day with a bunch of tasks to fullfil, here we go.
i am intereested in the mechanics diagnosis at the ural agency.

Attached files

Hi Sven and Thomas,
Glad you are having such an amazing time. Pictures are great. Take care and be safe.
Keith

kenai halfisle for today after taking out and back the diferential half a dozend times. Mickey the anchorage distributor is a great person and there should be many more arround like him. i am very greatful for his fast and generous help.
the oportunity to camp at H-D is a very nice sign and permits to meet excellent people.
here we go again
thomas and sven

visit fairbanks for a banana split at "hot licks"
great excuse !!!!

in honour of Don Mickey we should baptize to rig "Miss Sophie Travelair"
chears Miss Sophie
sven

Attached files

we baptized Sofy Travelair on the actic circle with a bottle of champain.
and have to hurry now down to salem in 11 days.
yesterday night we spent shoveling sand to stop an asphalt spill on the dalton highway caused by a truck that brooke into 2 parts. thanks God the driver survived with only a few bruises. but strange behaviour. his collegues left him allone. as the accident was severe and he still could get a shock we staid with him until another driver change with us hours later. the rescue team never appeared on the whole trip through the night and permafrost areas til fairbanks
what we met was a real oversize transport. some industrial equipment 12m wide and 5m or more tall.

we baptized Sofy Travelair on the actic circle with a bottle of champain.
and have to hurry now down to salem in 11 days.
yesterday night we spent shoveling sand to stop an asphalt spill on the dalton highay caused by a truck that broke into 2 parts. thanks God the driver survived with only a few bruises. but strange behaviour. his collegues left him allone and the rescue team didn't show up in hours. so we staid until another driver stoped at something like 01;15
night driving in permafrost area is fascinating temperature jumps from 1 to 23 deg celsius and the sun is just below the horizont.
a 12 m wide oversize transport didnt get us to sleep until 4am.

today we pass the night together with the globe busters in the the same motel.
small world. http://www.globebusters.com
one of their mechanics once insisted on that he became sick because of the water of a green coconut, rubbish to put nonsens like that in discovery channel

ps : accourding to me the rigs name should have been written as Sophie, but on the baptize certificate it tells Sofy

1983 i had been the first time nearly as close to the north pole, if i remember right only 30km less. i will have to confirm with a map

Attached files