USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Thinking of buying a gtl sidecar

Tail of the Dragon might be a bit far on a first run. Julie and I spent two days in Murray before we headed home. One of those I rode down the main highway of Land Between the Lakes and took every turn off on the way down to get used to the rig. It was a great exercise that involved some marvelous scenery. Talk Jon-michael into touring the tobacco fields as well. Enjoy the new rig and welcome to the slightly off-center world of sidecars.

They take some getting used to. My first time riding home from church I pulled out of the parking lot and promptly scraped the SC fender bottom on a high curb. So much for “ finesse and being “cool”! Ride safe and enjoy!

Yeah, Chuck, I had one of those white knuckle moments 5 minutes after I boarded mine. I was practicing in the parking lot when an angle in the pavement caused me to panic, put my foot down and promptly coast into the side of a parked diesel truck. Minor damage to the bike and the ego. That's when Dave Hannigan took me under his wing,

Almost sounds like a rite of passage to mess up with the sidecar. Lol

LMR - 7/9/2018 8:03 PM

Almost sounds like a rite of passage to mess up with the sidecar. Lol

8€)

Yes, a new pilot will quickly be presented with the knowledge/experience that a sidecar rig is a different animal. Hopefully it doesn't happen in traffic!!