USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR GIFT CARDS. IF YOU RECEIVE AN EMAIL TO THAT EFFECT, IT DID NOT COME FROM THE USCA. IT IS A PHISHING SCAM. DO NOT REPLY!

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The work inprogress

Well I have 1200 miles on the rig now and thought I would share.
Started with this
 photo P1020960800x600_zps13b1f6df.jpg
And now I have this
 photo P1010264.jpg
 photo P1010265.jpg
 photo P1010266.jpg

Thanks to all who helped .

nice rig but looking at picture looks like your front lower strut rod is bent I had same problem it broke as a machinist I made a new one bigger from 20 mm to 1 1/4 inch not going to break now

dvjoiner - 7/23/2013 3:05 PM

nice rig but looking at picture looks like your front lower strut rod is bent I had same problem it broke as a machinist I made a new one bigger from 20 mm to 1 1/4 inch not going to break now

Look at the top picture, it is not bent. It should do just fine.

Nice rig, whats the rear tire size you have?

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member

Thanks All,
It is just the angel of the pic that makes the strut look that way. The rear tire is a 165/80R 15, and I know someone will ask I upgraded the sidecar to a 17mm axle.

I still have the original 15 mm axel on mine , If it aint broke dont fix it. Now later on if I decide to lower my bike back to the way it used to be I will convert mine over to the new "trailer" wheel and tire set up . That will lower the rig with out any custom modifications to it.

Doug "Rain Man" Plotner 2nd Thief M/M chapter coordinator Eastern Panhandle WV USCA #8789 01 883C Sportster /Velorex combo 95 Ultra Classic Electra Glide /California Friendship combo Iron Butt Association member