Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

The rig is rolling!!!

Finally got the rig back back on the road. Thanks to some of the great members here, I'm planning on maybe doing an article for the magazine, but it's been so long I need to look up some names (not only do I stink at remembering them, but I don't want to forget any of the contributions).

The first ride, after taking forever to get things together, the choke cable snapped. I hooked on some vice grips, and rode anyhow. She settled in all out of line, even though I weighed the bike down about what I weighed and leveled everything out nicely.

The second ride (re-aligned), something slipped. I found a loose mount, I think I need to check the other ones. That means completely removing the car -again- just to make sure I only screwed up once. Sigh. Oh well, it'll be worth it. 🙂

The electric now- that worked like a charm. I have a bank of toggle switches my daughter calls "what happens when an electrician gets bored", and quick disconnect fittings at every joint. I can take the car off the bike, the tub off the frame, the fender off... All without having to unwire anything. Separate switches for bike and hack lights, riding lights, hack spotlight, it's all freshly updated.

So if anyone wants help on their electric, let me know. I'll help rigging, too, but you might should try someone else for your first choice. 😉 The design however, seems to be working well. The new trailer wheel and axle should hold up the Mackinac bridge. The old one was 12 mm.  The upgrade from Velorex is 15 mm. Mine is now 36 mm.

Jeff,

We need pictures, including close-ups of your switch gear.

Yeah, I need to get the size below 1meg. Which means I need to import it to the pc and mess around with it,  before I can post any pics here.