Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

THE RIDE TO HELL

Sure felt like it! picked up the new rig at HANNIGAN MOTORSPORTS last week - Hotest most Misrable Time, heat index was 107. Then in the first 30 miles of riding the bike it died in the middle of the Kentucky outback. Five hours later it was towed to a dealer and fixed; only to have other issues alone the return. Unbelievable!

42 years more then 300,000 miles on BMWs and never a major issue. 30miles on an INDIAN and it left me to die in the heat and humidity!

It is pretty but will it ever ruun? At this point NO CONFIDENCE IN INDIAN!

Attached files

Khjphoto - 7/5/2018 3:41 AM Sure felt like it! picked up the new rig at HANNIGAN MOTORSPORTS last week - Hotest most Misrable Time, heat index was 107. Then in the first 30 miles of riding the bike it died in the middle of the Kentucky outback. Five hours later it was towed to a dealer and fixed; only to have other issues alone the return. Unbelievable! 42 years more then 300,000 miles on BMWs and never a major issue. 30miles on an INDIAN and it left me to die in the heat and humidity! It is pretty but will it ever ruun? At this point NO CONFIDENCE IN INDIAN!

Wow. That's to bad. I didn't know Indian was having those kind of problems. I was actually thinking that my next rig would be an Indian. I might have to rethink that after being on a Goldwing for many years.

I do not know what kind of problems you had but I was talking to a guy in Death Valley last year that had a new Indian and he said he had to install a different exhaust system. One that did not have any catalitic converters in the pipes causing it to overheat and also creating way to much heat on your legs. Just what he said, I have no knowledge myself on the subject.

I have family back in the midwest. I only visit in the fall when the humidity and insects are gone. What a hell hole. I do not know why anybody would want to live there.