Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

The Natchez Trace

Hello again.

As I said in the other thread, I'm getting confused with two events being discussed on one thread. All who are interested in doing the Natchez Trace - Please post comments here. I likely won't be able to handle it until after the other event on April 2nd. But really think it is a great idea to ride the Trace with a group of sidecar freaks.

Kilometera - You have some great ideas there. I like the BBQs at both ends. Gives you something to focus on while gliding along the Trace. The parts I have covered are really gentle rolling hills at a leisurely pace. This may take some coordination.

kjunglide - Where are those cabins? I might have to come over and verify their suitability. 😉 By the way, I have a nice cabin on my land used for a hunting camp where sidecarists could flop but it is really off the beaten patch.

Woodyambison - May take a while to get this going but stick with us.

This could be a good way to get other sidecar drivers who are not members of the USCA involved.

Comments are invited.

Mike in MS

Thanks Again,
Mike in MS

mrmike.. I am located between Hammond la, and Baton Rouge, in a little place called Holden, La...we have a place in the woods along the tickfaw river...we have the cabins for our riding friends from florida that come down a few times a year to ride the curvy roads....we are about 1 1/2 to 2 hr of backroad rides to the start of the trace in natchez....we enjoy meeting other riders and would especially like to have other sidecar enthusiast come by.

kjunglide

Sorry for the slow response. I've been running around in circles trying to get this April 2nd event going. Haven't had time to look up Holden, LA but will do. We are in Richton, MS about 25 miles directly east of Hattiesburg where highways 42 and 15 cross. Not much here but it's quiet. The camp is in Greene county nine miles east of here. It's real quiet out there. If you come over for the show in Biloxi maybe we can ride up here before or after. Would be happy to have some sane company. Most folks around here don't know what to make of me. Write when you can.

Mike

Is this ride still in planning stage? Noobie on a 2 w vtx1300. Made up my mind but haven't committed yet. Would really like t check some of the rigs out. Thanks , Cary.

Hello Carey

Welcome to the world of sidecars. Yes, the ride is still in the planning stage. As the MS state rep for USCA, looks like it will fall on me to get something organized. Right now, I am really overloaded trying to get our first ever Mississippi sidecar rally going. It will take place on April 2 in Biloxi, MS. That's not too awful far from Bastrop (?). Have had some other folks from LA tell me they plan on making the run over. If you managed to come, you would have a chance to check out a number of different rigs in detail and take a ride or two. Would be glad to take you for a ride in either of my rigs.

After the dust settles from the rally I hope to get some more info out on the Natchez run. By the way, two wheelers are welcome at any kind of event I'm involved in organizing. All it takes is an interest. Hope to meet you soon. Email me direct or call if you have any specific questions.

Mike Bodisch
United SideCar Assn
MS State Rep

bodischm@bellsouth.net
601-788-7409

Thanks Mike. Hope to get my fires out and join Ya'll. If not, I do love the Trace.

Just in case you have not heard, the First Ever MS Sidecar Rally was a relative success. Now it's time to move on to other things. I am in the middle of a deal to purchase another sidecar rig. It will be delivered Wednesday to a good friend in northern Ohio. When Baby Girl gets out of school, she and I will go up there and ride/drive it back. That will be on or about the last day of May. Then I hope to get with anyone who might still be interested and run the Natchez Trace. Are there any of you out there who are still interested in participating? If so, let's see what we can do to coordinate this thing. This time I sure would like to have some help. HELP!

Life is an adventure!

Mike in MS

Time to revive this thread. Going up north Friday to pick up another rig. Will be back by mid month June. Then, it's time to ride the Trace. If anyone is still interested, please let me know. Pat in LA, are you still with me on this one. What would be best dates for you? When we get back, might come over and visit.

Anyone interested please contact me here or by phone 601-788-7409.

Mike in MS

im still up for it, pretty much open to any date at this time....just got back from Arkansas trip....pretty hot now and getting worse by the day down here...maybe early fall would be a good target.

Mike,
I an am still interested. Not sure if new wife and I can get away after July 4th. Planned to but now not sure. I will keep checking here to see when others can go and might be able to join. If we look like we are going early I will post our itinerary here. Mom fell Sunday and broke her hip at 87 years old and so it looks like a ride to Florida to check on mom and dad is in the works.

Anyone still interested in doing the Natchez Trace please let me know what dates would be good for you. Have one rider who prefers to wait until weather cools off. Unfortunately that would conflict with school. Tough for me to get even two days off in a row with Baby Girl in school and participating in three sports. This ride should be very informal. Anyone interested is invited, including two, three, four wheels or more. If you are interested in sidecars, I'm interested in you. We can all learn something. You don't have to ride the entire trace either. Some folks might get bored doing 50 MPH the whole way.

By the way, during my OH to MS run with my daughter we did not see a single other sidecar rig on the road. That was a total of 1,072.4 miles and the only sidecars we saw were at the Hannigan factory in KY.
Did see one when touring northwest OH with by buddy. Beautiful Victory with a Canadian made car (aluminum body and plastic fender). Made my new/old 1999 Honda/Dauntless look like a relic. Fits me though. 😉

Mike in MS

I think we can survive the heat during july or august...the trace has a lot of shady areas and places to stop and cool down....actually before school starts will be better for us...we get very busy right before school starts with kids needing immunizations for school....we are about 1 1/2 hr from the start of the trace in natches....we have lots of area for tent camping along the river and 4 small cabins for anyone who would like to meet at our house and ride up to the trace to start the ride....mike just let us know when and what we can do to make this happen
our cabins and tent area is open at anytime to anyone passing thru at no cost to members of the usca.

kjunglide

We would like to come over and talk about this ride. This weekend the girl has a basketball tourney. Would July 1st and 2nd be workable for you. We will be out of your way by the holiday. Please contact me here or at bodischm@bellsouth.net or 601-78807409.

Mike in MS

will be glad to have yall down...no hurry to leave on our account..we have no plans for the weekend
call me at 225-202-2780

Met this weekend (in person) with two other riders who are going to participate in the Natchez Chase run. After considering schedules, weather (the heat really is a factor), etc. it looks like we will not be able to make the run until November. The weather will be much nicer and most schools have a week break for Thanksgiving. Some of us have to consider the kids. Therefore, as it now stands, if there are no significant changes, pending further developments, and on and on. We will have an informal (non USCA sponsored) sidecar cruise of the Natchez Trace the week of November 20-26. This should gives us all time to get our things in order. There will be a group gathering near the southern end of the trace that week. Anyone interested in joining, please let me or kjunglide know. Anyone interested in starting at the northern end, let me know and we will see if we can get someone up there to be a point of contact for an informal gathering.

Also remember all it takes to be part of the fun is an interest in sidecars. Anyone on two, three, four or more wheels is invited. Don't know about one wheelers. :O

I can be contacted here on this forum or at:
bodischm@bellsouth.net or 601-788-7409

in MS

Bringing this ride back up to get a feel for anyone with interest in joining Mr Mike and I on a ride up the Trace or down to meet us during the Thanksgiving week.
We have no specific plans made, but would like to see if anyone else wants to join in on the fun.

Hello Pat!

Hope you and Brenda are well. Very busy here. Have started coordination for next years "Sidecars On The Coast." Hope to post more info soon.

Mike in MS

Hello Mr Mike . Cary (Bubblechaser) is interested for November run. I am now a newbie sidecarist. Just obtained a 94 Goldwing with a California attached and am looking forward in learning all I can. Hopefully will see ya'll there.

Mike, sorry to be a ghost for awhile but I sold my Ural at the end of July. Turns out I bought a new Gear Up October 1st but will not be able to attend the ride in November. I did drive down the Natchez with my wife this past weekend. Have to say driving from North to South this time of year the afternoon sun was awful. It will be much better coming from the south. Once I get the Gear Up broken in I hope to do it again by motorcycle. Depending on where your group ends up each day my wife and I recommend three Belmont Hotel in Belmont, Ms. It is an old hotel that is slowly being renovated. It has a large common area like you would see with a bed and breakfast where riders can sit around talking. There is a Mexican restaurant across the street. Price was $65 including tax. It isn't five star but the hospitality is perfect. Also, at the northern end, highly recommend the Cool Cafe in Franklin, TN twenty minutes to the east. Family owned and open for lunch and dinner and worth the visit.

Attached files

Miles

Thank you very much for the tip. As of right now, the ride may not take place as a group. :o:-(

Of my two other confirmed riders, one is still recovering from the flooding in south LA and the other is hedging.
He does have a business to take care of and I suspect his sales may be up during that time frame.
If anyone out there is for sure interested, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Mike in MS