Notifications
Clear all

The long wait begins

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tinboatcapt)
Topic starter

I received notice that my ST1100 was delivered to DMC Sidecars today. HaulBikes picked it up three weeks ago at a nearby parking lot where they could load the bike on the flat. Unlike my residential street that is quite a steep hill. As I understand the shipping process, the bike was picked up here near Minneapolis then was shipped to a warehouse in Milwaukee, then on to Las Vegas where it was then routed to DMC. The whole process was pretty smooth.

So I now must get through the next six months while Jay and Company build the car, mounts, and leading link front. Yesterdays weather helped a bit as we woke to an inch of wet sticky snow on everything. Then this morning it is 17 degrees F. It is not friendly riding weather.

Should our unpredictable weather cut us a break, I can put a battery in one of my other bikes. But, I won't hold my breath.

jim

Posted : November 7, 2019 5:17 am
(@joe-penzias)

Ohh Man the waiting sucks, especially on nice days. I waited a year for my Sidecar to be built & another 4 Months to have it mated at a local shop but it was totally worth it!!! At least your weather is crappy, just think your probably one of the few people happy about that!?!

Posted : November 7, 2019 3:01 pm
(@tinboatcapt)
Topic starter

Not happy about winter. Even if it makes the wait a little less painful. I may trailer my CB1100 along when Barb and I go to Savannah for the harshest part of winter. I can't, yet, give up two wheels completely.

Jim

Posted : November 8, 2019 2:31 am
(@aceinsav)

Jim

when your in Savannah look me up if the weather is nice we can take a ride down to the Islands and do lunch one weekend

I'll even let you ride my rig and the wife and I will ride the trike

Ace

Posted : November 8, 2019 2:44 am
(@tinboatcapt)
Topic starter

That is a nice offer AJ. Barb and I are staying on Tybee Island where we have rented a condo for all January and February. I should be able to look up your contact here or in "the book". Even if just for coffee and conversation.

I will look for a way to private mail our contact information to you as we get closer to January.

Jim

Posted : November 8, 2019 9:40 am
(@aceinsav)

sounds good Jim

my wife's sister lives just off Tybee. may not find my contact on here but I should be in the book. if not we can get that handled easy enough

Ace

Posted : November 8, 2019 10:56 am