6 Users
0 Likes
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

Just some teaser pictures

Posted : January 24, 2022 4:52 pm
(@aceinsav)

Looking good, I'll be watching to see it come to life. interesting set up with the twin calipers on the rear wheel 

Posted : January 25, 2022 4:32 am
(@2FLTC)

That twin caliper set up is for the front wheel, not the rear.

Posted : January 25, 2022 5:53 am
(@aceinsav)

ah, didn't catch that, now I see it 

Posted : January 25, 2022 6:46 am
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

If you look close you will see it is a BMW rear wheel. So I can run a rear wheel on all three corners. I have the same set up on my current rig. Stops and steers awesome. Older caliper set up on the older bike.

Posted : January 25, 2022 4:47 pm
(@2FLTC)

Do you run all the same tires on all three wheels. If you running a rear tire on front do you reverse the rotation?

Posted : January 26, 2022 2:45 am
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

Generally no. I usually put a new set on for a big trip. Flavour of the day, I am not to fussy about tires. Round and black will do.  I do run the Car tire backwards so I can rotate it on to Pusher if I wear it out on a trip. Which I have.  I do like the Heidenau K60 as a pusher. I seem to get good wear out of them and they work for the type of riding I do. This last go round, I have ended up with a Mish Mash of half worn out tires so I have been rotating them into service to wear them out. Being of the thrifty sort :-). The new LBS rig is going to start out with a Car tire as a Pusher and a couple Michelins on the car and the front. Never thought about running the front tire backwards, don't think I will. 

Posted : January 26, 2022 3:33 am
(@2FLTC)

I should have being more clearer. If you put the wheel from the back to the front do change the rotation of the tire.  I know on other bike that use the rear tire in the front when you put a wide tire kit on a couple of the tire manufacturers  say if you are running a rear tire in the front to change the rotation.  In may case is they don't make a front tire the same size as the rear.  

Posted : January 27, 2022 3:11 am
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

Quote from 2FLTC on January 27, 2022, 8:11 am

I should have being more clearer. If you put the wheel from the back to the front do change the rotation of the tire.  I know on other bike that use the rear tire in the front when you put a wide tire kit on a couple of the tire manufacturers  say if you are running a rear tire in the front to change the rotation.  In may case is they don't make a front tire the same size as the rear.  

Something to consider. Not something I am going to fuss over though

Posted : January 27, 2022 4:01 am
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

Getting oh so close to go get it

Posted : April 3, 2022 11:43 am
 MGV8
(@mgv8)
Topic starter

Well it finally had to happen. I got the phone call that the Overland rig was ready. First road test confirmed my suspicions. We didn't build an over land rig, we built a Sports Car. I am very pleased. It was a pleasure to work with Mike at LBS-USA. The whole process even though delayed by Covid Border Closures worked out fairly well even crossing back into Canada, after paying a whack of taxes of course. Dammit! Now to see if I am worthy of this new machine.

Posted : April 29, 2022 4:00 am
(@j-r-lewis)

First class looking rig.Enjoy it to the fullest. J.R.

Ambassador at large.

Posted : April 29, 2022 4:27 am
(@2FLTC)

Sweet looking rig, have fun enjoy.

Posted : April 29, 2022 4:33 am
(@aceinsav)

That is awesome looking. that thing just screams Fun. I look forward to hearing about some of the great adventures I'm sure it is going to provide 

Posted : April 29, 2022 4:53 am
CCjon
(@jan-2)

One awesome rig, hope to see in person at national rally in Hotchkiss, CO.

Would be well attended if you and Mike could co-host a tech session on the design and build of your new rig... ???

Posted : April 29, 2022 8:01 am
Page 1 / 3