Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

The Great Yellowstone Raid - 2015

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Al:
Thanks for the info. I have reservations at the Yodeler on Tuesday 6/23 and The Sheridan Mill Inn on Wednesday 6/24. Left a message and email with Yellowstone River folks for Monday 6/21.

Hope to see you in a couple of months.

Just out of curiosity, is it really true you have the Honeymoon Suite at the Mill Inn - with the red, heart shaped, sauna tub?

Thanks,
Duncan

2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001

I may have to join in at some point. I am heading out from home the 17th and had planned on running up to Manitowac and taking the SS Badger across Lake Michigan. From there I will most likely head over the Mackinac bridge to the UP and then start working my way West. Not sure when or where to get to Sturgis but it is entirely possible to cross paths with this here ride most likely at Sheridan. I will be on a new rig so I guess I need to see how that is going to work out also.

Quote Duncan, "Just out of curiosity, is it really true you have the Honeymoon Suite at the Mill Inn - with the red, heart shaped, sauna tub? "

Eh... yeah, sure, why not?

Re: Al OLme.
I have already registered for the Sturgis event.
I am planning on heading for the Twin Cities to visit family after Sturgis.
Should be a good ride.
I grew up in Richfield and Medicine Lake.
Looking forward to meeting you in person at Sturgis

Del Lonnquist http://www.RightLaneAmerica.com

This sounds like a good ride Al.
I picked up a Mini Mate Tent trailer from Open Road Outfitters when I went through Virginia, and camped 30 nights on my rides through the south.
If I can get some of the other obligations out of the way I will give some thought to your ride through Yellowstone.
May your ride be long
Be Fantastic
Del

Del,

I don't know the mix of campers vs. motel folks but we have some of each. You're more than welcome either way.

Thanks to the help from AJ1200, I have all my camping reservations confirmed and will see you in Yellowstone but unfortunately with out my traveling Bassett, Tripper. She has the summer off.

Tripper is coming after all. Where we meeting up?

I'd like to see about meeting up Sun. afternoon or early evening for coffee and general conversations. How about it.

USCA # 8913

The "Plan" [such as it is] is to meet at the Yellowstone River Motel on Sunday as critical mass arrives. I'm guessing that'll be around 4-5 PM. The camp ground that has been mentioned so far is just down the street from the motel so as folks gather we'll send a scout down to look for silly three-wheeled vehicles and invite them down. If anyone else has a different/better idea, have at it, you won't hurt anyone's feelings with a different plan.

We'll probably look for a common place for dinner Sunday evening but that meal, like all the others, is on your own so you can join in or seek the quiet pleasure of your own company.

Sunday evening, after dinner we'll have a little meeting to set expectations and make sure everyone knows the basic route for the next day. Remember, if you don't want to go where we're going, you are more than welcome to strike out on your own. EVERYTHING regarding routes and times is subject to change based on traffic, weather and bears.

Now that sounds like a great plan to me

USCA # 8913

Yep, works for me too.

Hi Everybody.
I'll be leaving Helena, MT Tuesday morning at 5AM and will try and be in Gardiner by the time you are all set to leave for the Bear Tooth ride.
Should be great fun.
I had a chance to show off my sidecar rig and my new USCA Tee Shirt on local TV last night.
Check out the happy new reporter getting his first ride in a sidecar.
We talked about Alzheimer's and Long Distance riding.
See it here: http://www.ktvh.com/news/headlines/Life-After-Alzheimers--308307701.html
See you Tuesday in Gardiner and Thursday at the rally.
Be Fantastic
Del Lonnquist #8504

If you are still planning on spending Tuesday night at the Mill Inn in Sheriden, I'll meet up with you there Tuesday night. Then ride with your group on to Sturgis Wednesday.

A big Thank You to Al Olme for putting together The Great Yellowstone Raid. He did a great job selecting motorcycle-friendly motels, beginning and ending points for each days ride, and interesting routes to get from point to point.

He's also pretty good at herding cats

Well done, Al, and many thanks

Duncan

2011 R1200GS + EML CT2001

I would also like to thank Al for putting together a nice ride

I would also like to thank EVERYONE that helped us get off the road and to our next stop when my alternator failed while riding across Bear Tooth Pass

USCA # 8913

We were in West Yellowstone KOA on Monday 22 to Thursday 25. Did not have my sidecar but met our son from Bloomington MN. We now are AZ residents. Toured the park for 2 days but missed seeing any sidecars. I still run my sidecar daily but my wife won't take long trips in it for health reasons. Sorry we missed you Al, maybe next year . Doug Hasert

PreviousPage 2 of 2