Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

The Chiricahua Mountains... Arizona

Since still at idle in Gloster, MS... my thoughts have been occupied by my past trips and areas I will revisit... such as Arizona...
Never much talked about... deserts... mountains... the Devil's Back Bone?
You pick...
Hope you enjoy the reading...
http://www.theoasisofmysoul.typepad.com

Spirit and Ara

PS: for the ones that have read my previous post or Blog, and thought maybe I have been hard on Dauntless... well, I received an E mail from Jay offering a new part, the one that attaches the upper front arm, claiming that it needed to be mounted flush against the engine...
Exactly the CONCLUSION WE CAME to... not without crashing because of the part not being manufactured properly!!!...

It's not whether you are being too hard on Dauntless. I have read most of your comments and writeups, your opinions are your own and certainly you are entitled.

Rather, it is your apparant bitterness which spoils reading your posts. Hopefully with time you will let it be,and enjoy your journey without such baggage.

I wish you well, if/when you get to California perhaps we could ride together a bit

gregkbenner@yahoo.com

best

greg

Thanks for posting what you wrote...
I am not bitter Greg!... How can I be bitter... if you read my Blog you will be able to tell that I am having the time of my life!... I am living full time a dream that I had only the chance to live 6 months a year... which already for most is an impossibility...
My deleted post, and that is OK, only reflects if I can use the analogie of manufacturing a loaded gun that goes off by itself... That is all...
Many share my feelings but... as I was told... do not want to cut their bridges... as they might need the manufacter's help someday... Either in my Blog or here I am a straight shooter... That is all. I am concerned for others,riding the same rig... many have already written to me with worse problems!... trust me on that, but... have left the subject untouched... I did not... when it comes to this type of manufacturing I CANNOT be diplomatic...
In my 40 years of cooking, if I had poisoned a customer... what would have been their reaction?... Do you think I would have been able to tell their family and loved ones "don't be bitter"... truthfully?
How would YOU have felt if I had gone off road off a cliff here in Big Bend instead of the soft mud of Louisiana after finding out that there was a manufacture defect? There are two sidecarist in the camp today... coincidence... they saw the welding holding my shock and TILT and asked me how it broke and who re-welded it?... I laughed!... a master welder, as I was told, did the job... this is "original"!!! SMILE!!!
I will do you a favor and take pictures that I will post on my SmuMug account in a few days and will let you know.
I will not write about it anymore... and yes, hopefully we can ride together in the near future... California is on the way!
Again thanks for posting...
Be well... Ara & Spirit