Skip to content

USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

Please to create posts and topics.

Texas Sidecar on a Pacific Coast.

Good Morning from the cold but sunny south. I'm a noob to this site and I have a couple of questions.
First, I'm a long time rider and have had bikes since I was 14. Dirt bikes first and then graduating to the street. I am a long time Honda owner and currently have a Pacific Coast and a Suzuki DR350SL.
Recent back surgery dictates I add a third wheel to my PC. I have acquired a 3 year old Texas Sidecar and would like to hear from present and past PC/hack owners.
By the way, I tried a Gold Wing trike and a Spyder, and neither one blew my skirt up. I want something that will tip over if mishandled!

Thanks in advance for the help, Gil

I think the PC with Tex. sidecar should make a very nice rig. Check with Bob Darden at Texas sidecars. He might be able to come up with mounts.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep.

Hi Gil - Welcome to the offset sidecar world. I second checking with Texas Sidecars - there are a couple of PC800's in their gallery: http://www.texassidecars.com/pc-800.html

Lee / Summer Grove, Louisiana: Ural cT, CJ750, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L, GTV300

Thanks JR. I just found his website last night.

I had a Hannigan Super Sport sidecar mounted on a 1996 PC. It was a good outfit, although it steered a little heavy.

Attached files

That was a beautiful rig.

That is a nice looking rig.
What kind of mileage did you get Circuit Rider? I have averaged about 56 mpg for the 110,000 mile life of my PC.

FireMaster - 3/9/2015 7:48 AM

What kind of mileage did you get Circuit Rider? I have averaged about 56 mpg for the 110,000 mile life of my PC.

I'm thinking we got somewhere between 35 - 40 mpg with it. I sold the outfit some years back to my son and daughter-in-law.

Thanks Bud. Gil

hey FireMaster, have you gotten around to putting that Texas on your PC yet. Been watching for you in the Bastrop area. Ride safe, Bubblechaser (Cary)

Hey Bubblechaser, No I have not mounted the Texas yet. I am still recovering from two back surgeries. Maybe next spring. Thanks, Gil

Gil, if you haven't gotten the pieces you need to mount the Texas sidecar to the PC,. start putting out the word on what you need as Texas Sidecar has closed their doors.
Recover quickly and get your rig out on the road.