USCA Sidecar Forum

For some extra information about navigating the forum you can go to Forum Tips

You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Texas Sidecar on a Pacific Coast.

Good Morning from the cold but sunny south. I'm a noob to this site and I have a couple of questions.
First, I'm a long time rider and have had bikes since I was 14. Dirt bikes first and then graduating to the street. I am a long time Honda owner and currently have a Pacific Coast and a Suzuki DR350SL.
Recent back surgery dictates I add a third wheel to my PC. I have acquired a 3 year old Texas Sidecar and would like to hear from present and past PC/hack owners.
By the way, I tried a Gold Wing trike and a Spyder, and neither one blew my skirt up. I want something that will tip over if mishandled!

Thanks in advance for the help, Gil

I think the PC with Tex. sidecar should make a very nice rig. Check with Bob Darden at Texas sidecars. He might be able to come up with mounts.
J.R.
Sec.
Tex. rep.

Hi Gil - Welcome to the offset sidecar world. I second checking with Texas Sidecars - there are a couple of PC800's in their gallery: http://www.texassidecars.com/pc-800.html

Lee Summer Grove, LA R1100GS/CSM Sidecar, Burgman/Texas Ranger, Zuma 50F, MB5, TW200, CRF250L

Thanks JR. I just found his website last night.

I had a Hannigan Super Sport sidecar mounted on a 1996 PC. It was a good outfit, although it steered a little heavy.

Attached files

That was a beautiful rig.

That is a nice looking rig.
What kind of mileage did you get Circuit Rider? I have averaged about 56 mpg for the 110,000 mile life of my PC.

FireMaster - 3/9/2015 7:48 AM

What kind of mileage did you get Circuit Rider? I have averaged about 56 mpg for the 110,000 mile life of my PC.

I'm thinking we got somewhere between 35 - 40 mpg with it. I sold the outfit some years back to my son and daughter-in-law.

Thanks Bud. Gil

hey FireMaster, have you gotten around to putting that Texas on your PC yet. Been watching for you in the Bastrop area. Ride safe, Bubblechaser (Cary)